Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: load data??

Boolit Buddy

load data??

ok, im looking at some of the group buy molds, but the one thing that get's me is how to load them up.

i have been loading with provided data on the rounds, but if it comes to a custom bullet design, what is the best way to get data to load them?

i know from some things that if the bullet weight isnt available you can substitute it for a heavier weight but how far can things be substituted.

im not sure were the information comes from, or were to get it. im thinking alot of it based off of powder burn rate.

im looking to advance my knowledge some more and also looking for more book information to.

also are the handloader magazines good for this information? i found some lots on ebay im thinking of getting.

Banned

i go by weight and the amount of bearing surface.
    say you are looking at the 316299 in the group buy right now and it weighed a little [10grs] more than a 314299 then you would just drop back maybe 1 gr powder for the same pressures.
    now most book loads with cast keep the pressures down in the 40k range to begin with, so a start load of a similar boolit will be pretty close to what you have.
    hardness oversize and brass can be just about as much off as a couple of grains of weight.
    start at the low end and come up till you lose or gain accuracy and work from there.

Boolit Master
    Get a copy or three of Lyman's Cast Bullet Handbook or their Reloading Handbook, as they contain the most published cast boolit load information available. In addition, the Cast Bullet Handbook has many informative casting related articles. Buy them and you will refer to them quite often.

Boolit Buddy
    thank you. i had a feeling weight was part of it. looks like i get to book shopping.