Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben's Liquid Lube is the Best Lube Ever!

Banned

I originally identified Lundmark as the logical alternative to the discontinued SC Johnson product. Post #879 in the sticky. I quickly ran into the viscosity wall identified by Ben. Leave it to Ben to work through the issue. Just add mineral spirits. The "new" BLL is excellent. Bravo, again to Ben.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by TXCOONDOG View Post
    I know boolit fit is king. However, does bhn matter with this mix ?

example: PCing allows me to run a bhn of 12-14 with .357 mag loads at 1000-1300 fps.
    You can run that BHN w/ straight alox. 357 is not a hard round to load for.

Alloy still comes into play but I would have no concerns running range lead scrap with a touch of tin say 8-10 up to that speed and probably well beyond. But I don't push the speed hard for most of my shooting. Don't need speed to punch holes in paper.

So I guess my answer is it does matter but under 1400 fps I don't think it matters a lot.

Over 2k is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Lakemaster if they are really kicking it you might want a little Ben's Red in the grooves to help out.
    I dont have a lube sizer. Which is why i started using BBL. I did however make this interesting discovery. If you leave the lid on your tumble tub, and re tumble What was supposed to dry over night, it scrapes a lot of the build up residue/ stuff that didnt cling to the groves..

So 200 of my ranch dog bullets have 5 lube groves full of bll. They look like i pan lubed them or lube sized them.

Ive thought about using this method for. Hot load. The boolits i did this to are sized to 309 and i use them ( so far) for 12 gr unique loads ( for fun/paper murdering)
    Lake Havasu City... Born and raised

Boolit Buddy
    Does the BLL dry completely or just a little tacky ?

Put it on thin and it dries completely. Too much makes them a little sticky.
    A deplorable that votes!

Boolit Grand Master

They will eventually dry hard regardless. But to thick and it may take a month or so. It's not nearly as tacky as straight Alox or 45-45-10.

Boolit Master
    can u pan lube maxi balls with bens red for muzzloaders

Boolit Master
    I haven't tried it yet but I've heard so many great things about it I ordered 3 bottles of Johnson's liquid wax so I'll have enough for a very long time. Thanks Ben, your the best!

Boolit Master
    Good stuff guys.Thanks Ben for your time.Also,be careful when spelling the second ingrediant listed in the improved formula.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Grand Master
    I do hope all of you enjoy the lube !

Ben

Boolit Master
    Where in the store do you find the Lundmark liquid paste wax? I've looked in the wood finishing and floor care isle at the local hardware store and have not found it. They all have cans of Johnsons paste wax and Minwax paste wax, but no liquid.

Boolit Grand Master
    I ordered mine.
    I did not buy mine locally.

You can buy here from Wal Mart and they will ship it free to the Wal Mart store of your choice.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/32oz-Liqu...&wl13=&veh=sem

Boolit Buddy

do you mix this new wax the same as using the johnsons
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy

never mind I didnt read far enough back, wished I had seen this 2 days ago , I just ordered some Johnsons and the shipping killed me
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Master

When you say mineral spirits are you talking about actual mineral spirits or the odorless mineral spirits that are much more common?
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrra View Post
    do you mix this new wax the same as using the johnsons
    NO, not even close to the same ratios.

Read all of this :

http://www.artfulbullet.com/index.ph...orig-bll.1442/

Ben
    Last edited by Ben; 01-25-2017 at 06:43 PM.

Yeah, I know it's been said a lot of times already, but THANK YOU, Ben. There's no way I'd be able to shoot the volume of 9mm ammo I do without your lube. And it is *so* much better than 45/45/10 as far as smoke production, too.
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlier View Post
    Yeah, I know it's been said a lot of times already, but THANK YOU, Ben. There's no way I'd be able to shoot the volume of 9mm ammo I do without your lube. And it is *so* much better than 45/45/10 as far as smoke production, too.
    Many on the shooting forums have been a big help to me, in past years.

I'm glad that I could offer a small contribution, in return.

I'm also happy that you're
    enjoying the lube (s) ! !

Thanks again,
    Ben

Boolit Buddy

Thanks Ben , glad I found this post for the substitute wax , I want to try that , I like the 45-45-10 but I dont like it that it set up in the bottle after a day or so , so I will try the original , Thanks again

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast