Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Wideners
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben's Liquid Lube is the Best Lube Ever!

Ben's Liquid Lube is the Best Lube Ever!

I have used Ben's Liquid Lube exclusively for the past year. I have not had any leading at all. I have only had excellent results. I've used it in the hottest heat of summer and the coldest weather of last winter. I use just one coat for pistol boolits and 3 coats for rifle boolits. It's the fastest drying tumble lube made. It's also the easiest lube to make and use.

You all need to try this BLL tumble lube for yourselves.

Thank you Ben for giving us the recipe for the best boolit lubricant ever!
    A deplorable that votes!

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    I will Second That!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Lol, you get a quick 3rd from me too! I am now officially a BLL tumble lube believer.
    Last edited by 35 shooter; 12-23-2016 at 01:40 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I don't roll with out my BLL, I have tortured tested it to the best of my meager ability and it always comes through with flying colors. Just for giggles ran 3 coats on a few bullets and loaded them with 47gr of 4895 in my 06. Accuracy was poor, but absolutely no leading. Dropped back down to my usual 34grs for accuracy and kept shooting with comfortable confidence that I can shoot that load all day with no leading. Thanks again Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by hutch18414 View Post
    I don't roll with out my BLL, I have tortured tested it to the best of my meager ability and it always comes through with flying colors. Just for giggles ran 3 coats on a few bullets and loaded them with 47gr of 4895 in my 06. Accuracy was poor, but absolutely no leading. Dropped back down to my usual 34grs for accuracy and kept shooting with comfortable confidence that I can shoot that load all day with no leading. Thanks again Ben.
    Lol, "you don't roll without your BLL"....I like that one...still laughing.
    And i understand too, as i just worked up a good load in my .308 with the xcb boolit @ 2,450 fps.(well 2,447 fps), and it's a tack driving load @ 105 yds.
    3 light coats of BLL and a good dose of imr 4350 behind the boolit.

Boolit Buddy
    With out a doubt a necessary item in my arsenal. I use it on pistol boolits as a stand alone lube as well as a top coat for lube sized boolits for longer term storage. It is also good for coating cutting type tools for long periods between uses. (Can't rust if it can't oxidize) Absolutely great stuff.- CASTER
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Boolit Grand Master
    Fellows,

I'm glad that all of you are enjoying the lube.

Merry
    Christmas

Ben

Once I found out about BLL and tested it for myself all other lubes are gone. I stopped reading threads about PC. It has worked in everything I have tried it in from big slow .45 acp to .223 rem.

Great stuff, and Ben, man he's a great guy. He could have sat on this. He cold sell it by the gallon at high prices. But no, Ben gives it away to everyone. What a guy!

I say Ben should get Man of the Year!

Bens super liquid lube is first rate! (but won't cure cancer or poor fit)

Ben, what was your final recipe for the replacement (the name of which slips my pre-coffee mind right now) for JLFW? I've seen a few different formulas around, and wanted to get the final recipe from the man himself. Also, does it perform as well as the original formula?
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    BLL is the bees knees!! It's the best.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Fellows,

I'm glad that all of you are enjoying the lube.

Merry
    Christmas

Ben
    Merry Christmas to you too Ben
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlier View Post
    Ben, what was your final recipe for the replacement (the name of which slips my pre-coffee mind right now) for JLFW? I've seen a few different formulas around, and wanted to get the final recipe from the man himself. Also, does it perform as well as the original formula?

If some of you are unable to locate any Johnson's Liquid wax, this is a pretty good alternative.

Make as per this formula :

I wouldn't be surprised at all if you made it " 1/3 - 1/3 - 1/3 " and it came out just fine. But this is the recipe that I used below :

To be honest, I can't tell much ( if any ) difference in :

• The drying time of the Liquid coating.
    • The hardness of the coating once dry ( I let these dry 24 hrs. ) vs. the old style with Johnson's One step.

Here are some H & G # 46 cast bullets that have been sized to .452" , lubed with Ben's Red and then coated in the " New " alternate BLL that I made recently with the Lundmark Liquid Wax.

I have found that the viscosity of both of the liquids ( Lundmark Liquid Wax and Lar's, White Label, X Lox ) that you see above, to vary greatly when it arrives at your residence. It is possible that the age of the liquid since packaging contributes to a thickening of the liquid. As a consequence, if your Alternate BLL using the formula above comes out a bit thick, simply add a little more mineral spirits and shake the container until you get a liquid that " Pours like Coke out of a bottle ." When you do this, you should be " good to go".

At this point in time ( at least from my experiences ), I have now used this " Alternate " for about a year, I can't tell a lot of difference in the original BLL and the " Alternate BLL ".

So........., If you're unable to locate the old original Johnson's Liquid Wax in the tall yellow cans, don't panic. A quart bottle of each of the above should make you a lifetime of BLL that works well.
    Last edited by Ben; 12-25-2016 at 11:02 AM.

Ben, thank you very much!
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Boolit Buddy
    I am not out of the Johnsons but it is really good to know there is a working alternative. Again, thanks Ben, and Merry Christmas.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 35 shooter View Post
    Lol, "you don't roll without your BLL"....I like that one...still laughing.
    And i understand too, as i just worked up a good load in my .308 with the xcb boolit @ 2,450 fps.(well 2,447 fps), and it's a tack driving load @ 105 yds.
    3 light coats of BLL and a good dose of imr 4350 behind the boolit.
    Kind of goes with "rolling your own" doesn't it? And what kind of load are you using with that XCB boolit? Do you think that one would work in a 30-06 with a 10 twist barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by hutch18414 View Post
    Kind of goes with "rolling your own" doesn't it? And what kind of load are you using with that XCB boolit? Do you think that one would work in a 30-06 with a 10 twist barrel?
    PM coming.

Bens LiquId lube is literally the best.i plan to use it for all my future High velocity rounds and if they lead its just not dooable... At least that's my opinion.
    Lake Havasu City... Born and raised

Lakemaster if they are really kicking it you might want a little Ben's Red in the grooves to help out.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKEMASTER View Post
    Bens LiquId lube is literally the best.i plan to use it for all my future High velocity rounds and if they lead its just not dooable... At least that's my opinion.
    If the fit is good I have never had a problem. And I have used a full house jacketed .44 mag load with cast, HS6 if I remember correctly. A fit that is .002 over seems to work best for me.

Boolit Buddy
    I know boolit fit is king. However, does bhn matter with this mix ?

example: PCing allows me to run a bhn of 12-14 with .357 mag loads at 1000-1300 fps.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast