Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 38 special lee loader.

Boolit Bub
    I am teaching a friend and his son to reload using one in .45 auto and 7.62 by 54.
    Watch your back.
    Shoot Straight.
    Conserve ammo.
    Never cut a deal with a Dragon. From the Shadowrun tabletop Role Playing Game.

The Lee Loader only neck sizes, even on straight wall cases. So you only need to lube the necks on shouldered cases and only as deep as the boolit seats on straight wall cases.
    I have one for my 357/38's and 223 Rem. I have a Lyman 310 for 44 Mag and one on the way for 30-06.
    Want to get others for the 7.62x54R, 7 mm Mauser, 280 Rem. Either the 310 tools or Lee Loaders.
    Leo

Boolit Buddy
    My 30 carbine and 44 mag lee loaders full length size. Must use lube.

I have been thinking, The Lyman 310 tool only neck sizes the straight wall cases not the Lee. Sorry about my mistake earlier.
    Leo

Boolit Buddy
    The standard Lee loader kids ARE neck size only. There are however a couple other versions that did full length sizing. These were the "unitized loader" and I think maybe the "improved loader". For sure the unitized kit does. Also, there a couple calibers that I believe are sort of in between. The 30 carbine and 44 mag are two of those. The instructions on those usually say "additional force may be required" but they don't quite full length size. I have one for 32-20 that does. It's from a "unitized" kit

In my experience, most calibers do not require lube if the brass is nicely cleaned but the truth is, it does no harm and can make easy to size cases even easier. Makes things work smoooooth. Why not use it if it's handy?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12