Snyders JerkyRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CPA Schuetzen rifle but no intention of competition

Vendor Sponsor

That 22 is a knock-out rifle too.
    Ken Hurst is a name from the past. I have not seen his name in a long time.
    Chill Wills

The Ken Hurst .22 Low Wall was a fantastic buy, and represents a real piece of gun art from one of the finest engravers ever!

Boolit Master
    The Ken Hurst gun is absolutely beautiful. I was not crazy about the engraving in the close up pics but when you hold the gun in your hands the engraving flows effortlessly With the gun.

There are a couple mild condition issues. There is a small spot of rust on the blued muzzle. It's not a big deal and would be eliminated by crowning the barrel.

The other issue is small pressure marks in the stock. They are not bad at all. I love checkering or hate un checkered guns! I was thinking about having it checkered and maybe the pressure marks could be addressed at the same time.

Even with these small issues the gun is Stunning. I is more than I deserve.

Boolit Master
    Get the bench rest style of forend as you will be mostly shooting of a rest.And while I'm at it the heaviest barrel as well. Since you are not competing with anyone but your self weight shouls not be a concern.And a darn good spotting scope 80 milimeters objective lens. If you buy some el cheapo spotting scope you'll be cursing your self for not going bigger. And a good set of interchangeable lenses. And it does present a possibility that someone may have what you want. So leave a flyer at your local range or gun club describing what you are looking for. When I got out of high power my coat,gloves,sling, and some other stuff was donated to a marine just home permanently from service. With it went a big bag of remington 308 once fired empties. Well north of 500. The only conditon was to not identify me as the donator. Let him enjoy what he got. Frank

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234