Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Inventory tracking app

Boolit Buddy

Inventory tracking app

Has anyone come across an app that is useful to reloading? I'm thinking barcodes for components, created lots and purchased readymades.

My wish book is for ability to add results data and pics as well as references for loads and costing for the component combination.

I have a nice collection of reload records since the late 1980s, but only started adding dates to my purchases about 5 years ago and still continue to find random factory and reload batches that have managed to avoid being used...still not sure why I would have bought 16g buckshot shells, but there they are.

Boolit Grand Master

Could you scan the existing barcode ( from the store ) and use it entering in the info

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by WheelgunConvert View Post
    Has anyone come across an app that is useful to reloading? I'm thinking barcodes for components, created lots and purchased readymades.

My wish book is for ability to add results data and pics as well as references for loads and costing for the component combination.

I have a nice collection of reload records since the late 1980s, but only started adding dates to my purchases about 5 years ago and still continue to find random factory and reload batches that have managed to avoid being used...still not sure why I would have bought 16g buckshot shells, but there they are.
    WheelgunConvert,

The latest update to the Precision Load Records (Version~5) software was just uploaded to the Precision Software Store this morning.

The application has no bar code capabilities, however, in addition to the extensive component databases, all load records may be keyed to Individual Firearms Records.

The complete online
    Precision Load Records Help File can be viewed here.
    Below are links to the online help files relating to a few of the component inventory pages.
    Cartridge Case Database and Inventory
    Loaded Ammunition Inventory
    Bullet Inventory Control
    Gas Check Inventory
    Powder Inventory

A detailed list of the Inventory Application Process can be viewed.

Many additional features are contained in the Precision Load Records application as are additional companion modules that access and contribute to the mutually shared component databases.

Respectfully,
    Tom Myers
    Precision Shooting Software

Boolit Grand Master

Whoa and I just relabeled my oak drawers! You guys are way to tech for me.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by KCSO View Post
    Whoa and I just relabeled my oak drawers! You guys are way to tech for me.
    KCSO,

The basic record keeping within the application is really quite simple. The main portion of the application is exactly the same as it was when I first designed it 20 years ago and may be used quite effectively without all the bells and whistles.

As one becomes more adept and knowledgeable the add on portions simply fall in place. The extensive, content sensitive help files ease the path.

Here is a link to the Quick Start help files that have changed very little since the application was first distributed on a single floppy disk for installing on a Windows 5 machine.

No images, no frills, just step by step procedures that make computer assisted record keeping a breeze.
    Respectfully,
    Tom Myers
    Precision Shooting Software

Barcodes are just a representation of characters, in a machine readable format.
    A barcode scanner is just a keyboard interface that converts the lines and spaces into characters.
    So, any inventory program can use barcodes and a scanner.
    A potentially small issue, since they can be programed, is there are multiple bar code formats. Without reprograming, which isn't hard as the "programs" are just more barcodes, you might not be able to scan bullets and magazines or books.

Unless you re-label with YOUR barcode that has YOUR information about the item, you aren't going to get much out of reading a manufacturers barcode. Just a bunch of numbers. Manufacturer's ID number, and their item number. If I were doing it, use QR code, you can easily make them and reading would be human readable information. I have my website converted and put on a number of items.

Boolit Master
    So I'm guessing a 28-35 yr old Red headed seceratary is out of the question here ?

Sorry, Mike