Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Load Data

View Poll Results: Which State has the most members in CastBoolits forum?

Voters
791. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alabama

10 1.26%
  • Alaska

8 1.01%
  • Arizona

22 2.78%
  • Arkansas

8 1.01%
  • California

45 5.69%
  • Colorado

15 1.90%
  • Connecticut

5 0.63%
  • Delaware

4 0.51%
  • Florida

22 2.78%
  • Georgia

16 2.02%
  • Hawaii

1 0.13%
  • Idaho

15 1.90%
  • Illinois

19 2.40%
  • Indiana

19 2.40%
  • Iowa

14 1.77%
  • Kansas

17 2.15%
  • Kentucky

12 1.52%
  • Louisiana

8 1.01%
  • Maine

11 1.39%
  • Maryland

2 0.25%
  • Massachusetts

7 0.88%
  • Michigan

38 4.80%
  • Minnesota

17 2.15%
  • Mississippi

7 0.88%
  • Missouri

21 2.65%
  • Montana

8 1.01%
  • Nebraska

4 0.51%
  • Nevada

9 1.14%
  • New Hampshire

9 1.14%
  • New Jersey

6 0.76%
  • New Mexico

6 0.76%
  • New York

20 2.53%
  • North Carolina

21 2.65%
  • North Dakota

8 1.01%
  • Ohio

29 3.67%
  • Oklahoma

28 3.54%
  • Oregon

16 2.02%
  • Pennsylvania

44 5.56%
  • Rhode Island

2 0.25%
  • South Carolina

7 0.88%
  • South Dakota

6 0.76%
  • Tennessee

26 3.29%
  • Texas

88 11.13%
  • Utah

15 1.90%
  • Vermont

4 0.51%
  • Virginia

21 2.65%
  • Washington

19 2.40%
  • West Virginia

11 1.39%
  • Wisconsin

15 1.90%
  • Wyoming

6 0.76%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Which state has the most members in the castboolits forum?

In Remembrance
    If you went by population, Alaska would even have a chance.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    If you went by population, Alaska would even have a chance.
    Yep, they would be 10.86 per million population using the current totals.

I guess ya'll have to have *something* to do on those long cold winter nights.

Navy...you keep on about this percentage of population thing and...IIRC'ly you are the numbers fella from other posts I've read...who is it that has the most members in light of this?
    You Texicans might as well share the spotlight...sure ain't gonna hurt none.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    OS OK,
    If I remember right, you're one of us anyway, so no need to "share the spot light"!
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Navy...you keep on about this percentage of population thing and...IIRC'ly you are the numbers fella from other posts I've read...who is it that has the most members in light of this?
    You Texicans might as well share the spotlight...sure ain't gonna hurt none.
    Well, the existing poll tells us who has the *most* members. I was just pointing out that if you looked at it with respect to members per some amount of population, then the numbers could shift quite a bit. Texas and California have large urban areas where the liberals are more likely to live and as such, they are less likely to own guns. Of course, California is even worse than Texas in that regard. And then you get to consider how many of those who own guns actually reload for them, much less actually cast bullets to reload. Once you factor in the percentage of people living in apartments (which you see a lot of in high density urban areas) who are less likely to be smelting lead or casting, our numbers go down even more. Areas that have a strong gun culture and are more rural would seem to have the advantage if you can pair that with a state with low population that is mostly rural.

In the end though, with statistics, you can mine the data however you want to get the conclusion that you wanted in the first place.

Well, I agree with all that...but...even if I could figure some other way to analyze it, it'd prolly be over my head to make a formulae...guess I'll have to be satisfied with what we have here...it was truly enlightening for me, I knew y'all Texicans would dominate but I never thought we out here on the Leftist-coast would pull up even close to second.

That alone has prolly put a burr in some britches around here . . .

Boolit Master

Well, I agree with all that...but...even if I could figure some other way to analyze it, it'd prolly be over my head to make a formulae...guess I'll have to be satisfied with what we have here...it was truly enlightening for me, I knew y'all Texicans would dominate but I never thought we out here on the Leftist-coast would pull up even close to second.

That alone has prolly put a burr in some britches around here . . .
    I forgot to mention that internet connectivity and the tendency of the people in an area to frequent such forums might have some effect on the numbers.

With Alaska, it might have something to do with those long winter nights and needing something to pass the time.

It would be easy enough to create a chart that gave the number of members per 1M population, but explaining *why* some of those numbers worked out the way that they did, that gets a lot more subjective. You have to start looking at everything from demographics to gun culture to weather to internet connectivity. It gets a lot more complicated when you try to determine *why* something happened.

On a side note, up until 1934, Texas had a greater population than California. At that time, they both had around 6.05-6.06M people. Today, Texas has 70% of the population that California has.

I don't know about Brownsville but San Diego has been a wide open door for decades...could be part of our increase over y'alls.
    In the early 70's and as a Journeyman Electrician I was getting $8 in Houston and I could get $15 in SoCal...another part of the increase too.

As a side note regarding that wall...I listened to a fella on a call in show just now saying he thought a set of high-speed rails on top of that wall or within the wall would be a good idea for shipping goods from the Gulf to the Pacific and selected points in-between, possibly passengers included from both sides as long as you can keep the people separated at the stops...perhaps passenger cars that open to the North or South exclusively...not a bad idea?

Boolit Master

As a side note regarding that wall...I listened to a fella on a call in show just now saying he thought a set of high-speed rails on top of that wall or within the wall would be a good idea for shipping goods from the Gulf to the Pacific and selected points in-between, possibly passengers included from both sides as long as you can keep the people separated at the stops...perhaps passenger cars that open to the North or South exclusively...not a bad idea?
    That would be a lot more expensive than what they are using currently in a lot of the places:

At some point though, maybe we should ask ourselves, "Is the wall there to keep *them* out, or *us* in?"

Banned
    oldblinddog; Mohawk Daddy,

Have you heard about the fellow who flunked out of TA&MU, moved to Norman, OK & raised the average IQ of both States by 5 points??

chuckle, tex

I would imagine that a clever post on the 'Mexican Wall' would run for days and foment a 'spitting contest' here in this forum...there's a lot of heated emotion wrapped up in that little fence.

Maybe they could circumvent the wall with a laser beam or two...sheriff, judge and executioner all wrapped up in one little light beam...put some warning signs out and let everyone choose for themselves to stay put or not.
    Tunnels? Yep heard that one too...ground penetrating radar will take care of locating the burrowing rats...then a few bunker busters every month can form a few new watering holes.

Attachment 186364...looking over my East pasture this morning...

If the Globalist don't kill President Trump that wall is going in. Those red clouds in the morning mean more than the weather. A change is-a comming...in this Nation.

Banned
    Freightman,

TEXLINE, TX, way up in the Panhandle, is closer to the capitols of FIVE other States than it is to Austin.

yours, tex

Banned

the Russians hacked this poll

Boolit Master
    Looks like Hawaii has the best golf score, I reckon Abunito(sp) voted
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by texasnative46 View Post
    Freightman,

TEXLINE, TX, way up in the Panhandle, is closer to the capitols of FIVE other States than it is to Austin.

yours, tex
    I've run 87 many times on the way through Dalhart south out of Colorado and points north and west.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Not bragging but Texas will win , second largest state with more population than the number one largest (Alaska) . More gun rights ...it's a no brainer . Cali use to be a contender with population and gun rights . Hope the Californians can regain that again . I would love to see California and New York state win out . Would be amazing .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Buddy

Have you heard about the fellow who flunked out of TA&MU, moved to Norman, OK & raised the average IQ of both States by 5 points??

chuckle, tex
    I've heard about that legendary Aggie many times, since I live in Norman. I just wish so many Texans wouldn't send their kids to Oklahoma University to be turned into Social Justice Warriors, half-baked Marxists, and LGBT advocates, since the streets of the town are filled with Texas plates nine months out of the year. Don't let your family members come here for an "education", Texans. Seriously. And that's not just because of the traffic.

chuckle, tex
    Haha,ouch.Goodun.
    "Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him, he ain't wrong he's just different and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right"
    Ed Bruce

I bet it was those pesky Russians....they are into everything!

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    it's rigged, it's rigged.
    I know of 8 or 9 members here in our town of 2-K and about 4-5 others within 70 miles of here.

Boolit Grand Master
    I guess I'm the only one from Hawaii that will admit to it.
    Don't really blame them.
    Too many damacraps live here.
    I'm NOT one of them.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast