RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: looking for a 313 die

looking for a 313 die

I am hoping someone has a star die in .313,or maybe a lee modified to that size, it is for an sks, and mosin nagant. im sure I have something I can trade if need be, just let me know! I cant seem to come up with the money to send it to lathesmithe and cover the shipping there and back. I need to buy a present for my mother instead. thanks for your time! Travis
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Master
    FYI, a Lee push through sizing die can be enlarged at home pretty easy without any fancy tooling.

I just bought a Ruger SP101 in 327 Federal. I bought and received (thanks Titan) Lee 32 H&R mag reloading dies and a 0.314" Lee sizing die before my gun showed up at the dealer. First batch of ammo was 0.314" gun and it leaded leaded badly. Sure enough, the standard checks found a problem. The barrel was as expected (0.312") but the throats were closer to 0.315". I took my brand new Lee 0.314" sizer die, wrapped some 300 grit wet or dry around a wood dowel, stuck the dowel in a drill and polished the ID of the sizer. It took a couple of rounds "of polish then check the results", but soon I was sizing at 0.315". No leading since the adjustment.

yeah, I know about the method, but I have a history of bad luck when I do stuff like that, once you go too far, you cant go back, so I'd better wait, besides I still don't have a micrometer

Boolit Master
    How confident are you as to the "as cast" diameter range of your boolits and/or of your guns.

A Lee 0.314" or a 0.312" may work.

I need to set the gas checks though, and a 311 die is too small, I have some 313 bboolits that were given to me and they work perfect, if you are talking about getting lee sizers id rather spend half the money to get my die fixed(bored out) so I can use my star

Boolit Master
    I have an extra Lee .313 size die. Its stamped .313 on it. It will come with the Pusher that fits the shell holder but no plastic container or Alox. If you still need it send me a pm with an address and I will send it out to get their before Christmas.

Gary came through and provided me with a die! thanks to you, gary and everyone else that may have seen this message