Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Woman's Ruger SP101 grip?

Boolit Master

Woman's Ruger SP101 grip?

Among Ruger's older "standard" grip, Pachmayr's 03183 Compact grip [no finger groove], and Pachmayr's RSP/C 03183 Compact grip [with finger groove], which grip is smallest? Distance around the grip where trigger finger and middle finger are is the most critical area of need. Less critical is the grip's overall height - shorter being better.
    It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it. Sam Levinson

Can tell you what we did.
    With the changes in musculature brought about by advancing age the better 2/3's was getting whacked pretty hard on the middle finger joint by the trigger guard of her S&W air weight shrouded hammer purse gun. So we went shopping.

Shop after shop she checked out what they had and how the pieces felt in her hand. When she aimed down the aisle with a SP101 with the Crimson Trace grips she was plumb sold. Never mind the laser she likes the grips. The cat likes the laser.

Boolit Master

The Pachmayr COMPAC RSP/C 03183 is a bit shorter and a hair thinner than the stock SP101 grip.
    I like them for my SP101 for pocket or belt carry. Doesn't cling to clothes. But they do make it a pleasure to shoot with +p+ 38s and 357 loads.

Lefty
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

I have Houge and Factory - wife refers the factory - May have to try the Crimson Trace as I like the idea of a laser.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy
    Last time I fired a factory gripped SP101 with fullhouse .357s, I just about tossed it in the river. The factory grips are good in all respects except for right behind the trigger guard. Never have I had a gun pound my middle finger the way that one did. Hogue or Pachmayr solved that right quick. Til the day I got rid of it, the Hogues did the trick.

Boolit Master
    Interesting, cause with largish hands I usually do have problems like that with revolvers, especially Blackhawks.

The stock grips on my SP101 were great for me.

Boolit Master

Nothing wrong with the stock grips. They work well for the wife and me.

Banned
    The Ruger SP101 factory grips are actually pretty good grips. I've seen several people replace the factory grips on a SP101 only to put the factory grip back on. Obviously no one grip will work for every shooter but the stock SP101 works for a LOT of people.