RotoMetals2RepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Wideners
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Astra, Tokarev, or Nagant?

The Enfield sounds like the best deal all around. You are a lucky guy that your wife likes to shoot; you should capitalize on that. I own a Romanian Tok and a Nagant, and like them both for different reasons. I can handload the Nagant with 5.5 gr Unique and the Lee 100 gr boolit, which is plenty adequate. It is the only pistol I have which can reliably hit a piece of notebook paper at 100 yards. The triggers are genuinely terrible, but that just goes with the territory. The Tok is a little finicky to handload, but when you get it figured out, it isn't too bad. I had to remove and toss the add-on safety; the gun wouldn't function with it in place.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master
    I slugged the bore and it's right around .360. I have brass on the way and I'll probably try some .358 cast bullets until I get larger ones. Western Bullets has some .360 -200 gr bullets.
    I've never seen so many stamps and markings on a gun. It's hard to tell what's a serial number, assembly number, inspector's number, or whatever. The salesman at the store, someone I trust, thinks it might be an arsenal rebuild or refurbish, which is fine for me - I want a shooter. The bore is really good, everything locks up nice and tight. The internals aren't rusty and surprisingly clean.
    If this gun could talk...I'd probably have a hard time understanding its English accent.

Boolit Master
    sportsmans guide has a zastava, model 88A, 9mm, for 228.00, buyers club price, with 2 magazines, I would buy that before I would buy any of the ones mentioned.

Boolit Master
    There's a lot of guns I'd like to buy, but, like I said, if they're not on the C&R list or the Mass compliance list, I'm out of luck.
    If you want to see how bad the gun laws are in MA, check this out:
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...KNO/story.html

Boolit Grand Master
    We have similar stupidities to deal with in California, Battis.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    The C&R helps a lot. The store in Maine would not sell me an 1850s pinfire revolver because I'm from MA, and the gun uses a cartridge. They'd sell it to me with a C&R. But, they'll sell me any rifle they have, though they do background checks on every sale that involves a cartridge gun, including an 1868 Trapdoor 50-70 that I bought.
    But the other day, with the C&R purchase, they sold the Enfield to me, bagged it and I was on my way with no background check.
    Brass is another problem - the Big Boys - Cabelas, Midway, etc will not ship new, unprimed brass to MA.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by flounderman View Post
    sportsmans guide has a zastava, model 88A, 9mm, for 228.00, buyers club price, with 2 magazines, I would buy that before I would buy any of the ones mentioned.
    That is what I have. The trigger is atrocious out of the box, and the sights are not much better. Both are pretty easily remedied if you are semi handy. Mine is the best cast boolit 9mm I have ever shot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234