Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help picking mold for subsonic 300 blk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Smk SHoe View Post
    Not sure the velocity you are looking for but I just tested out some 170's from Arsenal. it was the 30 HVTH1 mold. 170 Sliver. Shot and cycled fine with Lil Gun. Gonna drop the powder a couple grains. This Ar is mostly for practice. Had tried RCBS, Lee and NOE molds. Once PC'd the ogive was to far forward for my barrel. IIRC. this barrel seems to have a short throat. Thinking of using my hand throat reamer and lengthening it a tad.
    It would probably be easier to get a nose sizer from NOE and simply size the nose down to the proper size rather than remove steel from your barrel.

I cast, powder coated, sized and loaded up 30 of theNOE 311-198's today. Using straight wheel weights they weighed in at 208gr.

10 grains of RL-7 pushed them ~950fps and cycled perfectly unsuppressed and suppressed out of an 8" Ballistic Advantage barrel. Over all I'm VERY happy with how everything worked out.
    You do not fight out of hate but rather the love and compassion you have for those you are trying to protect.

I would usually agree with you, but I have tried 2 different RCBS molds, 2 different NOE molds and a lee mold. Only one short enough to chamber was the NOE 155 HP and it was so short it wouldn't feed. Even had problems loading Jacket bullets over 150 grains. Not a expensive barrel so kinda suspect of quality of chamber and throat. Arsenal 170's are even seated deeper than I would like. Seating them out a bit more would fill the magazine better and insure proper feeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Smk SHoe View Post
    I would usually agree with you, but I have tried 2 different RCBS molds, 2 different NOE molds and a lee mold. Only one short enough to chamber was the NOE 155 HP and it was so short it wouldn't feed. Even had problems loading Jacket bullets over 150 grains. Not a expensive barrel so kinda suspect of quality of chamber and throat. Arsenal 170's are even seated deeper than I would like. Seating them out a bit more would fill the magazine better and insure proper feeding.
    What brand barrel are you using?
    You do not fight out of hate but rather the love and compassion you have for those you are trying to protect.

I'll have to look but I'm pretty sure its a no name knockoff

Ran into some feeding issues which was solved by seating the bullets a little deeper. With the same 10.5 grains of RL-7 I'm now averaging 1040 FPS.

Attachment 183565
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1794.JPG  

Got them coated and sized last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I'm talking about!!! Very nice!

-Butchman

Quote Originally Posted by Butchman205 View Post
    That's what I'm talking about!!! Very nice!

-Butchman
    Thanks! That was my first time coating boolits and first time using an NOE mould.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hammer View Post
    Thanks! That was my first time coating boolits and first time using an NOE mould.

You'll pick up efficiency the more you do it, but it's a great system and a great mould. You've got it going on my friend...your 300aac ammo costs just went waaaaay down.

-Butchman

Quote Originally Posted by Butchman205 View Post
    You'll pick up efficiency the more you do it, but it's a great system and a great mould. You've got it going on my friend...your 300aac ammo costs just went waaaaay down.

-Butchman
    All my lead is free so my total cost is $0.127 per round

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12