Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: I showed remarkable restraint

I showed remarkable restraint

Came in from my designated driver duties today, driving the MBH (much better half) to the Doctor appointment. As we came in the door I mentioned that some dry beans would be great for supper. She agreed and not long afterward there was bacon frying as she rinsed the beans. Then while she got the cornbread on I peeled some potatoes.

We had butter beans with the bacon pieces and cornbread, home fried potatoes with onions. I was able to restrain myself and only have one helping of beans, and two of the potatoes. I was afraid I would get sick.

What a blessing to have a wife that knows what I like and how to cook it. Thank God for the food and His great love during this special season.

Merry Christmas!

Leon

Perma-Banned

Sounds like good country fare.

And,yes, we are surely blessed.

Banned

Sounds like heaven to me.

Moderator Emeritus

Simple home cooking, a lost art these days! I so rarely open a box of anything that to me it is a treat like tonight when I bought some General Tsao's Chicken for supper from the freezer at Walmart. Otherwise I cook from scratch every night.

Boolit Master
    Last night,Chicken Breasts,Roast Potatoes,Sage and Onion Stuffing,Sweetcorn, Peas,Gravy.Par boiled the Spuds then roasted in Beef Dripping.Roasted the Breasts in Lard.

Boolit Master
    Last night; grilled chicken thighs, rice and broccoli.
    Tonight; meat loaf, mashed taters and peas.
    Tomorrow night; tonight's left-over meat loaf & taters, except corn or carrots boiled in apple juice for the peas.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Grand Master
    Does the house still smell like bacon, beans and cornbread??

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

No, I don't think the house smells like Supper from last night. But while she was cooking it I was here in the office and the smell was wonderful. I can smell the coffee now though...........

Boolit Grand Master

I love cornbread and butter beans. I like it even better with some fresh greens and fried chicken. Doesn't get more southern than that. Better hold onto her and make sure she knows she's appreciated.

I love some real home cooking, not prepared from a box.

Boolit Master
    One of the advantages to being an old guy and retired with teenage children. I make a hot breakfast for them and Mrs. smokeywolf almost every weekday morning. Sometimes it's:
    • Corned beef hash and eggs
    • Layer of mashed potatoes, grated cheese and bacon bits sprinkled on and a couple of fried eggs on top
    • Scratch made hot cakes and bacon
    • Left-over rice with sausage, onions and eggs mixed in and heated/cooked in a deep fry pan
    • Juevos rancheros
    • Cream of wheat and fruit & yogurt or sometimes a fruit smoothie

This morning it was steak and eggs and toast.

What I serve sometimes depends on whether the kids are taking important tests that day or running 4 miles.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    One of the advantages to being an old guy and retired with teenage children. I make a hot breakfast for them and Mrs. smokeywolf almost every weekday morning. Sometimes it's:
    • Corned beef hash and eggs
    • Layer of mashed potatoes, grated cheese and bacon bits sprinkled on and a couple of fried eggs on top
    • Scratch made hot cakes and bacon
    • Left-over rice with sausage, onions and eggs mixed in and heated/cooked in a deep fry pan
    • Juevos rancheros
    • Cream of wheat and fruit & yogurt or sometimes a fruit smoothie

This morning it was steak and eggs and toast.

What I serve sometimes depends on whether the kids are taking important tests that day or running 4 miles.
    I will start eating breakfast with you...what time is it served?

Boolit Master
    Fixed home made chicken pot pie and a beef pot pie last night for supper.

Moderator Emeritus

Amen Leon, They are truly great to have....why mine has not killed me in the last 40 years God only knows.....They are truly a blessing!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

I need to take a trip around the good ole USA and visit ya'll...around eating time.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with