Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2ADvertise here
Titan ReloadingStainLess Steel MediaGraf & SonsMidSouth Shooters Supply

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ballistic tips - ballistic tips - ballistic tips

Boolit Master
    Im also going to do up 100 x 120 grain projectiles for my 30-221 bench rest rifle.. And see how they go for accuracy @ 100 meters.
    I will keep everyone posted, ive pulled out 100 tips with the noticeable sinks i can find, So that will at least give me a indication if it effects accuracy...

Boolit Master
    Depending on price I'd be in for possibly 10K

Again depends on price.
    I think 1000 would be enough to piss me off though.
    10K is a good supply number for me and should/might last a few years.
    Besides I've got a friend that will want @ least 2 K from me once he see them ( he always wants in on my purchases)

PM me when these are ready and state side.

Rich

Boolit Master
    Well im heading too the range on Tuesday. I will test projectiles on a 30-221, 7-08 and a 308. will see how they go.. And let everyone know...
    I can pack 500 into these little boxes i bought for transporting them...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0024.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	183305

Boolit Mold
    I'd take a few thousand depending on price.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
    Well im heading too the range on Tuesday. I will test projectiles on a 30-221, 7-08 and a 308. will see how they go.. And let everyone know...
    I can pack 500 into these little boxes i bought for transporting them...Click image for larger version. 

If you take 499 out of that box can you fit that toe in?
    I'd take that too depending on price LOL

Rich

Boolit Master
    if it were the right toe...
    it's all an educated guess,,,, till the trigger is pulled.

this opinion brought to you by mister low-tech solution..

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    if it were the right toe...
    I see what you did there runfiverun LOL

Rich

I too would be interested. Pm me with details
    Our house is protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet them both if you show up here not welcome son!

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1227.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	185993

Just got some of the tips from MAD. They looked good and I like how they are packaged. I need to swage some bullets and test them, but so far so good!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1226.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	185994

As as soon as I have a range report I will let everyone know.

Looks nice! I'm excited to buy some of these when MAD is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by yondering View Post
    Looks nice! I'm excited to buy some of these when MAD is ready.
    Is Mad ready yet?

Boolit Master
    Im waiting for Valornor etc to get back to me too see if they are good to go... I would ask them too see how they are shooting..

Boolit Master
    Sorry guys, I have been slow on this. It's been a busy winter for me. I've got everything swaged, I'm just trying to find some time to get out to the range and do some accuracy testing. From everything I can see they are working great for my set up.

Boolit Master

Still watching

Bill
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

Vendor Sponsor

I received a good number of these tips from MAD a while back and I'm still in the process of perfecting the process of installing them. They are very good tips at a good price.

I'm hoping in future he makes a larger size, may be 2-3 times larger.

I don't mind putting in a good word for this product and recommend anyone to feel free and pic some up.

I'm still working on it and here is a pic of a Sierra 300 grain .338 match king. I trimmed the nose had to drill a small hole and then pushed the tip in place, not perfect yet, I plan to make a simple die to swage the tip in place. I plan to perfect tooling for the BTSimple 55 grain bullet as I feel this will make a perfect tip to the bullet and something new for you guys to play with

When you stop learning you are dying.

Check out available BTSniper products and prices at
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...?114-BT-Sniper

Say hello and like my FB page as well.
    https://www.facebook.com/bt.sniper/

Good shooting and swage on!

Brian

Boolit Master
    Thanks BT Sniper for the review. You’re going to beat me in the actual testing to the tips. I owe an apology to MAD for that. It’s been a crazy year, new job, new baby and a major move. All my swaging, reloading, and shooting stuff is in storage until life settles down.

As far as a larger tip goes. I know I submitted a design to MAD for a larger tip. At least I think I did. I haven’t heard from him in forever so I am not sure where he’s at on it. I know he was trying to figure out how to sell the things, but he wasn’t getting anywhere with it. I am always open to working with people, if someone has access to injection molding machine and would like to colaberate on tip design, I am completely open to it.

It’s good to see that you got it to work for you in 338 Cal. It won’t work if the jacket is too thick, i’ve Toyed with it in CAD and on the press. You have to have a thin jacket like what’s on an SMK for them to work, and as BT Sniper point out, they are on the small side. I designed them specifically for use in .223-308 calibers.

Vendor Sponsor

With the right tools I expect to make them work with nearly any size jacket, Once the nose of the bullet is trimmed and a hole in the lead drilled I will place the tip in side then with a simple swage die that matches the bullet profile I will swage the bullet nose and tip into place, so if the jacket is thicker it should simply squish into the plastic a bit more which could be a good thing in holding the tip securely in place.

I wouldn't worry about a delayed review, the product (mad's tips) is perfect and no reason they shouldn't achieve excellent accuracy and better results in the field, it is simply up to the bullet maker to ensure they seat the tip properly, I hope to help out with the tooling in the future. Hopefully we can send some more business MAD's way.

Swage on!

BT
    When you stop learning you are dying.

Check out available BTSniper products and prices at
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/foru...?114-BT-Sniper

Say hello and like my FB page as well.
    https://www.facebook.com/bt.sniper/

Good shooting and swage on!

Brian

Boolit Master
    That’s a clever way of doing it. I see no reason why it shouldn’t work

With the Corbin 338 dies set I have the ejection pin is larger then .090. I cant remember what it is exactly, but I can’t close the meplate enough to get the press fit want. That’s mainly why the tips won’t work for my .338 Cal bullets. The tips shank is right around .090 ( I have to look at the drawing to remember exactly that it is.)

When I set up the press I typically set it up to close the meplate just enough that the tip will press in with a little force. That is usually enough to seat the tip to pass the fingernail test. Meaning I can’t pull the tip out with my finger nails. Alternatively you can also do as you said and adjust your final ogive die to close up the meplate with the tip installed to help crimp it in place.

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post

Drop that box, and I bet you're mad. :/
    NFA = Not Freaking American

It would be less disrespectful to burn the flag than to put a thin blue line through the middle of it.

Boolit Master
    Well, i hope once you have your seating die done, so they can be crimped in without distorting the tip, The tips might be more popular.. And yes, a Meplat trimmer is critical ... I have one on a Wilson case trimmer.
    Yes I'm working on a new tip, It will be a copy of the Corbin large tip... Im waiting on one more card to be fixed on the EDM and the Die will be finished.
    BT if your interested in bulk , let me know and i can post a batch of 100,000 to you.. And hey, Im still interested in hearing of other designs for not Target/VLD Ogives

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast