MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any snow up north?

Any snow up north?

Canada and Alaska is north the way I figure.
    I'm just the welder, go ask him>

We've got snow up here in Victoria, B.C. with more predicted for the next 3 or 4 days too ... and we seldom get any snow ...

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

In Remembrance
    We finally have about a foot on the ground, but sure need more.

only a foot , did you get much rain before or has it been dry.

In Remembrance
    We had rain all summer, but dry since freezeup. We just finally got the last 8 t0 9 inches of snow last week, the ground has been pretty bare till now.

Boolit Man
    We got about 12 inches last night in Juneau

has it been warm this fall?

In Remembrance
    We have had some fairly warm weather but below freezing finally started getting down to around 20 below a week or so ago.

About 4" of snow here and -22 out (about -7 f)
    enjoy your day
    Cariboo

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." —Theodore Roosevelt"

Boolit Master

We have a couple inches on the ground as of this week but the say they are snowmobiling in the northern part of state with around 12 inches. Our ski areas have also opened as well. All that said, up untill this week it has been a very mild climate for us.
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Banned

you've obviously never been to Northern Michigan Wisconson or Minnesota. All get every bit as much snow as a lot of Canada does. Where I live on lake superior we get lake effect snow probably 3 times a week in the winter and probably get more snow then a lot of places in Canada and Alaska. We average a 170 inches a year in my county and some neighboring countys get twice that. As a matter of fact it just started snowing outside. there calling for 6-12 inches today. Luckily I live down south where that small amount is just another winter day in Northern Michigan.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearcove View Post
    Canada and Alaska is north the way I figure.
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 12-08-2016 at 07:13 AM.

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Had almost 16" dumped on us in the past few days................Arizona is looking better every year!

RRR
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    you've obviously never been to Northern Michigan Wisconson or Minnesota. All get every bit as much snow as a lot of Canada does. Where I live on lake superior we get lake effect snow probably 3 times a week in the winter and probably get more snow then a lot of places in Canada and Alaska. We average a 170 inches a year in my county and some neighboring countys get twice that. As a matter of fact it just started snowing outside. there calling for 6-12 inches today. Luckily I live down south where that small amount is just another winter day in Northern Michigan.
    Yeah I been there. Was interested in a different place

Boolit Master

The mountains of Idaho see some real snow and yes we are so very thankful they do as it is our water for next summer.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

In Remembrance

Unusually wet Fall has not helped the harvest: some is still standing in the fields but NOW we've had about 2" snow that's stayed and temps have dropped to -10*F with another skiff overnight. Typical for this area at last. It's unusual here to get a deep snowfall but local 'agriculturalists' always welcome 'the moisture'. "Don't like the weather? Wait five minutes!"
    Life Member NRA.
    Member: RWVA.http://www.appleseedinfo.org/smf/
    Member: WRSA http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/
    Founder: Guns of the Golden West (Show group).
    Founder: Nosehills Gun Club.
    Founder: IPSC in Alberta.
    Retired from Instructing, and just about everything else!

Boolit Master
    I am about 2 hours drive south of Cariboo and we have some patches of snow on the ground. Not really enough to say we "truly have snow". There is snow forecast for tomorrow and Saturday---we will see.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master

About 50 miles south of the Canadian Border as the Geese Fly for the Winter and we have about 6-8 inches on the ground and -9* F this morning.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Buddy
    Western Maine now has around 6 to 8 inches on the ground. Snowing as I type this. Making getting out to do errands nasty in the old Ford........ Hope it lets off soon. Need to get to the PO today or tomorrow....

Main roads "probably" sanded and salted while side roads will get done when this batch of snow stops falling.

The Malamute is happy tho.....She loves this stuff.....
    Wife to Gray Wolf. It was time to get my own handle I guess cause

In Remembrance
    Fairbanks does not usually get a lot of snow. # feet is a pretty good snow year, the good thing is typically once it lands it stays till spring breakup.
    Many areas of the country gets a lot more snow than we do, as does many areas of Alaska especially coastal.

Smowmobilers are funny, especially on years like this that the snow is late coming.
    There were 2 hunters, maybe trappers went 28 miles in on our logging road every day before unloading their 4 wheelers, They also had a sled on the trailer,which they would leave behind. Our first snow was an inch or less, and instead of wheelers thay brought their snowmachines and pulled the sled. It just left a dirt track away from their trailer to where ever they went. lol I just figure they were chomping at the bit to use their snow machines.

Boolit Master

Snow on the mountains here in northern New Mexico for the last two weeks. It snowed lightly last Tuesday here in Los Alamos (el. 7400 ft), still hanging on in the shade. Snowed last Friday in western KS where I was hunting deer. Made the leaves much quieter to get through. Sure soaked my pants though as I waded through the weeds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast