MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: RCBS 200gr FNGC. For .357 Mag.

Boolit Mold

RCBS 200gr FNGC. For .357 Mag.

Cannot seem to locate load data for this bullet. Does anyone have an idea of where I
    Might get data for this ?

Banned

There is data for 200 grain lead bullets that can be adapted. You can do some load development from there. I have never seen any data for that particular bullet. If no one posts any data, I will dig some out for you.

Data for a 200g bullet shouldn't too difficult. The real difficulty lies in getting it to fit. In a single shot, you're most likely golden but a revolver...I doubt it.
    I have managed to get that bullet to feed in a 357 mag lever action by using trimmed .38 special brass.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Master

I've seen data for 38spl but not 357. Having said that there is listed data for 180gr boolits that might give you a starting point.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Moderator Emeritus

Use 358430 start loads but make sure it is the 195 gr version not the 150 gr.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Banned

What powder(s) do you want to use? I will post some data.

Boolit Man
    As jmort asked, what powder are you using? I have data from older reloader guides. Imr, Alliant (Hercules) and Winchester. I have tried some recipes with good success using lee c358-200-rf in a handi rifle. I will pm them to you if interested.

I use H110, 200g WFNGC (NOE Mold). Fantastic full throttle. For lower velocity HP-38/W231 is the best I have found. Tight Group I never could get it to settle and keep the accuracy.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Boolit Man
    I have added pics of the reloader guides with info. for 200gr lrn in 357 mag to my albums. Not a photographer but I believe they can be read. Hope this helps anyone interested.

Moderator Emeritus

More importantly, what are you shooting it out of? A ss rifle will have different data than a J frame.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Banned

FortuneCookie45LC on YT did a good 19 video video book on casting and loading the very similar Lee design:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Rtakd3O2OACONG

Boolit Master
    My 180gr mold casts 190gr boolits with my lead ,my trapper gets 1250fps with 11.5gr of 2400.start at 9gr and work up slow.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    Data for a 200g bullet shouldn't too difficult. The real difficulty lies in getting it to fit. In a single shot, you're most likely golden but a revolver...I doubt it.
    I have managed to get that bullet to feed in a 357 mag lever action by using trimmed .38 special brass.
    I do in fact shoot that very bullet in a model 15-2VH8 357 Mag Dan Wesson revolver. It can be used if you crimp over the ogive. I won't list my load because it is unpublished.

Boolit Master
    The pics Joe K posted are very helpful. I need a small poster like that over my reloading bench.

Boolit Buddy

I have an old "Reloading Guide for Handgun Accuracy" from IHMSA. It had only one 357 mag load for 200 grain bullets; Sierra 200 RN. Starting charge of 296 was 15.5 and max was 16.5. As someone mentioned these may be too long for a revolver. This was shot from a 10" Contender.