RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tonight's dinner...

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Why don't them Cajuns think up some Crawfish Helper? Dried powdered Etouffee in a box, add water and crawfish, seems logical to me!
    Me, too.

Boolit Buddy
    Tuna Helper...

Vendor Sponsor

Ok I made that killer batch of etouffee, tonite it will be leftover etouffee, I started out thinking etouffee and grits, but then I thought well, why not stick a softshell crab in there too, top him off with the etouffee... Hrmm.. Ideas ideas..

It ended up being etouffee and grits, I got a bug yesterday while out shopping and it has kicked my butt good last nite and today so it was too much work to get the softshell out and cook it, even though I cleared off the top of the freezer in anticipation of such adventure....

I should mention they were not just any ordinary grits but Barkley's Mill Stoned Happy Grits which are some of the finest artisan grits ever offered, I bulked them up with some smoked gouda and seriously sharp cheddar, now you talk about a contrast with the etouffee and cheese grits underneath? Oh yeah!

Last edited by DougGuy; 12-07-2016 at 08:34 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Hamburger at Braums tonight for me and the kiddo.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Perma-Banned

Ok I made that killer batch of etouffee, tonite it will be leftover etouffee, I started out thinking etouffee and grits, but then I thought well, why not stick a softshell crab in there too, top him off with the etouffee... Hrmm.. Ideas ideas..
    Let me know what time it will be ready...I'll be there.

Just got through eating a plate of deer sausage and gravy...so, no hurry, I will be good for a bit.

Boolit Master
    The other night I made linguini & clams in white wine sauce, accompanied by garlic bread. Today Mrs. smokeywolf bought a dozen cans of chopped clams and says she'll bake another batch of rolls.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Moderator Emeritus

I was lazy tonight, bacon, extra sharp white cheddar, broccoli 3 egg omelet... filling food for only taking 20 minutes to make!

Moderator Emeritus

Sinus crud going around up here, it has kicked my butt for a week. Maybe 6 hours of solid sleep otherwise blowing my nose and hacking up snot from my throat all night. And that is sleeping almost sitting up. If I lay down I can't breathe it runs down my throat and pools..

It ended up being etouffee and grits, I got a bug yesterday while out shopping and it has kicked my butt good last nite and today so it was too much work to get the softshell out and cook it, even though I cleared off the top of the freezer in anticipation of such adventure....

I should mention they were not just any ordinary grits but Barkley's Mill Stoned Happy Grits which are some of the finest artisan grits ever offered, I bulked them up with some smoked gouda and seriously sharp cheddar, now you talk about a contrast with the etouffee and cheese grits underneath? Oh yeah!

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    I was lazy tonight, bacon, extra sharp white cheddar, broccoli 3 egg omelet... filling food for only taking 20 minutes to make!
    Sounds good...I was telling my son, just this afternoon, that it is time for a deer sausage quiche...but an omelet would work just as well.

Moderator Emeritus

like this? https://www.amazon.com/Zatarains-Eto.../dp/B000E3ZFDA

Why don't them Cajuns think up some Crawfish Helper? Dried powdered Etouffee in a box, add water and crawfish, seems logical to me!

Boolit Master
    Mary, sleep is the most important medicine. Benadryl for a histamine blocker, Guaifenesin for a mucus thinner, sleep in the recliner, vaporizer, and get yourself some Metaxa 7 star. Warm a snifter and drink whenever your sinuses need clearing.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Perma-Banned

Anyone have lamb fries, tonight?

Moderator Emeritus

Can't sleep in a recliner, kills my back and my left leg(had a bad DVT 7 years ago in it) swells up like a balloon. Leg I am fighting issues in already so it is lay in bed and blow my nose non-stop.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    Mary, sleep is the most important medicine. Benadryl for a histamine blocker, Guaifenesin for a mucus thinner, sleep in the recliner, vaporizer, and get yourself some Metaxa 7 star. Warm a snifter and drink whenever your sinuses need clearing.

Boolit Master
    Handmade pork tamales I bought from a Mexican woman at work along with Spanish rice and beans. I do love Mexican grub.

Moderator Emeritus

Baked chicken leg quarter with BBQ rub(baked at 425 so crispy skin), leftover stuffing from from Thanksgiving, salad. Very filling!

Perma-Banned

Kids were in tonight, we had spaghetti and chocolate melting cake, for desert....YUM.

Banned

don't mind hamburger helper (some variety's of it) once in a while myself.

Boolit Buddy
    How about some heart attack on a plate? AKA Poutine. Fries and cheese curds smothered in gravy.
    You can almost hear your arteries plugging up...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12