MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Alternatives to Corbin Die$ ???

Boolit Buddy
    I think you may want to read your own posts... Somehow you think you're qualified to set pricing for die makers and judge what is reasonable. Larry makes great dies, if you're truly interested in swaging, contact him. Otherwise you appear to just be here trolling. We'll happily answer any of your questions regarding the process but drop the righteous act.

Banned

I would suggest you just go ahead and buy the cheapest die set you can find and make some bullets.
    then nobody has to tell you any of this.

Banned

If people didnt threat me like they did, I wouldnt have acted like I have.

Boolit Buddy
    If you let others dictate your actions you have bigger problems than the price of swage dies. Call Larry, get some dies. If you decide it's not for you, you'll find you won't lose much money selling them. I personally bought RCE dies which are middle of the road priced and have no regrets. I also went into it knowing is probably never recoup my costs. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Banned

I couldnt find Larry, but I sent BT Sniper a PM.

Its not that I let others dictate my actions, I just shoot back.

Boolit Buddy

Banned

bookmarked it. Thanks.

Boolit Buddy

I would think instead of shooting back, you should devise a business plan to put Corbin out of business. After all, that is the American thing to do, not count on the Chinese to do it. Do keep us posted on when your $200 die sets are ready for purchase. You will have lots of customers!
    Zbench

I eated it's cookie.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Boolit Grand Master

So many passive aggressive replies in this thread.

Boolit Master
    Bulletfactory is the kind of guy that I laugh at when they tell me they need plumbing work done and will pay me $9.00 an hour.......

Banned

I can do 99% of my own work, on just about everything. You're the kind of guy I laugh at while I get my labor for free.

Boolit Buddy
    Just so you know I have several sets of bullet dies and the least expensive one is Larrys My carbide dies cost 4 times more then Larrys,
    They all make excellent bullets The carbide dies will last for several million bullet,s If I take care of them, They are pieces of art work made by Master craftsmen
    The tool steel sets are less but , will wear quite bit over time, still they are a good value if I make a limited amount of bullets on them. I wish you luck in your search , You Get what you Pay for..

Boolit Buddy
    This thread has a place to get cheap dies: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-Brass2Bullets

Banned

I saw that thread.

Boolit Master

Check out this thread, and a few others like it. I also don't want to pay for expensive dies, so I look for alternative ways to get it done.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...SW-10mm-JWords
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master

Or do what I did.
    Keep an eye out for used dies coming up on E-Bay or on forums like this and paying a slightly lower rate.

I was able to get a .308 and a .357 set of half jacket swaging dies off E-Bay for much less than new. They are very old but still functional.

And if you ever had asked my father to weld up a custom project up for you, you would have been paying for his skills as a tradesman and his wall of certifications as well which guaranteed his work would be top-notch for you and meet all your needs. You can pay for a shadetree machinist's die-work or you can pay someone to give you exactly what you want.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Banned

I think he has been kicked around enough.
    we can all go back to being civil again. [myself included]

Banned

I think so. Thanks 5.

I can weld too Just with acetylene/oxy though. Havent had the opportunity to weld on aluminum yet. Someday.

Boolit Master

I'm still certified for nearly every requirement for an industrial pipe welder (surface - no diving). electrogas welding; Oxyfuel cutting/welding; gas metal arc welding;gas-Tungsten metal arc welding flux-cored arc welding and friction welding (aluminum for aircraft and other light alloys). I've never paid for the training for Thermite Welding but if the demand was out there, I'd get the training to ensure I had it in my curricula vitae (resume) to allow me to charge the going rates. Going rates for a certified pipe welder is over $32/hour. My additional certs from The American Welding Society would put me into the supervisor level which is normally salary with travel. Believe me when I tell you, there is a huge difference between the beads I draw and the beads of weld someone from a local Vo-tech course with a few hours on the gun. I would expect the same level of quality from a die-maker. And custom welding work? Start pulling out the Ben Franklins for my time and my personal equipment.

But I can't lift over 40lbs anymore so I use my brain to push paper now building grants for injured veterans.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club