Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Looking for a 9mm mold

Boolit Bub

Looking for a 9mm mold

Hello guys,
    I am looking for a mold to cast bullets for my 9mm Parabellum. I've watched some internet shops but can't find a mold which is the design I want (except for a Saeco, but this is 230 Euros...) Maybe one of you knows a mold that meets my requirements:

-weight in the range of 124 or 147 grain
    -roundnose or truncated cone design
    -flat base
    -4 or 6 cavity mold
    -either steel than aluminium, I am not really fond of LEE molds, I more like the quality of Lyman or Saeco or RCBS

Nice weekend,
    Timo

As you mentioned euros have you looked at Mihec. He's in Slovenia.
    http://www.mp-molds.com/index.php/e-shop

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

I recently ordered a NOE 358-128-SWC, and have high hopes for it.
    I've been using the Lee 358-125-RF with good results, til one gun I got didn't like to feed the fat nose.

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...oducts_id=2223
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for your replies, I never thought of a custom mold. So I have to add one criteria:
    -shipping to germany

Boolit Master
    I've had good luck in several pistols using an obsolete Lyman .38 Special design #358212, cast of wheelweight alloy and sized at .358" or .359". It's about 150 grains, round nose. Accurate and feeds reliably.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulliwig View Post
    Thanks for your replies, I never thought of a custom mold. So I have to add one criteria:
    -shipping to germany
    NOE does a very good job of shipping overseas. Also NOE isn't really custom if you order items that are in stock. Accurate and Mountain molds are also great (and more custom made). All of them have priceing comparable to RCBS or Lyman.
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.
    In the land of the disarmed, the one armed man is king.

Boolit Buddy
    Noe and mihec ship to Germany theirs molds are first class or find an rcbs 124 tc or lyman 356402If you speak french on forum hère you can find one for 50€
    Good luck

I would think this upcoming 135 gn RN mold is very promising
    http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index....ic,1735.0.html
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.
    In the land of the disarmed, the one armed man is king.

Boolit Master
    I have a NOE 135 gr Round Flat point, flat base 5 cavity aluminum. 75$ +shipping. If interested send me a PM

Boolit Master

I would settle on what diameter bullet I needed before I bought a mold.I bought a .356 mold and it would not stabilize in my 9MM. My bore is .3565 so I needed a .358 bullet. I bought a .358 RNFP which is actually a .38/.357 mold.
    With a custom mold you have the flexibility to order what you need but with other molds you may get a mold that will not work if you stay with a .356 mold.

Boolit Master
    I have two molds I would recommend: Saeco #115 round nose and NOE 358-128 SWC. I use bevel base bullets since I powder coat and these bullets will work in my bullet feeder. Both designs will give excellent accuracy if you handgun is capable.

Boolit Master

I know many people do not care for Lee molds, but the fact is they have some good designs at very reasonable prices and they perform well. I have molds by Ideal, Lyman, NOE, MiHec, Cramer, Modern Bond and Lee. I like them all but use more Lee boolits than any other. I've had good luck using the Lee 105gr SWC and the Lee 125 gr RNFP. Mine cast at .358 and I tumble lube them. Be sure to check bullet seating depth using the "plunk" test, that is drop them into the chamber of the barrel (removed from the pistol). They should drop in with a "plunk" sound. Good luck in your quest and good shooting. Tim

Boolit Grand Master

W/ MP molds I have the 359-125, 357-135 and 358-640. The first two are the same mold w/ the latter being a solid only version that drops a smaller diameter for less sizing. My PPS has a .355 bore and doesn't like fat bullets. All three of these work well. The 358-640 is a lightweight at 100 grains so it doesn't meet your criteria but figured I'd mention it.

W/ NOE I have the 358-124-TC. I can't imagine it doesn't work well in 9mm. I've been using it strictly in 357 Sig. The 358-155-TC ELCO is a heavyweight that was designed specifically for 9mm. It weighs over 147 but it's worked well for everyone that's tired it. The bullets happen to jump out of the mold which makes casting a dream. Pick up that mold if you want a heavyweight.

I can't say enough good things about accurate molds. Large selection, great molds and fast turn around. I've been very happy to deal with them. www.accuratemolds.com
    Krav Maga Instructor
    Defensive Tactics Instructor for Public Safety Personnel
    Empty Handed Gun Disarming Instructor

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - infantry journal

I'm a big fan of Mihec's 125gr, it does well out of all my 9mm guns as well as a few borrowed ones as well. I like the penta pin in it as it seems to do well on all the ground hogs I've done in with it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8OPTfL6gS-...0/DSC04423.JPG
    My firearms project blog

Boolit Bub
    Take a look at the RCBS 9mm-124-RN-TG115 mold. Has been an excellent mold for me, and shoots flawlessly in 4 of my 5 9MM's. The fifth gun actually shoot and cycles 99% of the time, only an occasional hangup. Not enough to stop me from using it, just not 100%. The mold is a scaled down profile of the H&G 68 .45ACP SWC, rated at 125 grains; mine are around 128 with range lead. Absolutely wonderful for cutting clean holes, and has proven to be my most accurate with WSF and my S&W 1911 9MM. Here's the link:

http://www.rcbs.com/Products/Bullet-...RN-TG-115.aspx

Boolit Master
    Another good oldie but great 9mm mold is the Lyman 356402 been around for over 40 years.

Boolit Bub
    I'll second Mihec's 9mm SWC (HG#275 clone) in PB.
    That and NOE's 124gr TC in either PB or GC.
    Run both through my CZ SP01, water dropped wheel weight alloy, sized .358, lubed with what is in the lubesizer, pushed with bullseye or unique. Makes for accurate, reliable round and a happy shooter.

Boolit Bub
    Thank you guys,
    at the moment I'n on the watchout at Egun for a mold, because i have a lot of 9mm ammunition in stock and time to look for a mold. I will keep all your answers and mold designs in mind to see if i can find one of these.

Boolit Master

I'm really liking the 35-147Y I got from Accurate Molds.