Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Lee PrecisionLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2

Thread: Fathers and sons

Boolit Master

Fathers and sons

My father passed away Tuesday very suddenly. My oldest son has been by my side almost constantly since. He knows I am hurt to the core. Dad taught me how to shoot and we learned how to reload together.

The two of us spent time at the range today in his memory. Father and son shooting together as my father and I did so many times so many years ago. Dad was Sr. I'm Jr. and my oldest son is III.

He may not have been a perfect father, probably not a great father, he certainly was a good father and he was without a doubt the best father he knew how to be.

Boolit Buddy

Prayers are up, my Friend. As you know, there are no Instruction Manuals for Dads. I'm sure he tried the best he knew how.
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved

Boolit Master

I'm very sorry for your loss and shooting with your son sure honored your dad.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnfolk75 View Post
    Prayers are up, my Friend. As you know, there are no Instruction Manuals for Dads. I'm sure he tried the best he knew how.
    I know that all too well, I have 8 children and 11 grandchildren. My dad was an alcoholic and as part of his 12 steps he had to make amends to us for his drinking while we were growing up. My brother an I both told him that we had a wonderful childhood an he had nothing to apologize for to us. I told him that not a day goes by that I don't compare my being a father to him and feel I fall short.

My children would disagree with me however, they tell me they had a great childhood.

Boolit Master
    So sorry for your loss, prayers and condolences to you and your family. I dread the day my card comes up, i still have most of my immediate family but all of my grandparents are getting quite old and my grandfathers are more or less in hospice care. The fall is going to be hard on me. Honoring your dad by going shooting with your son was really nice and im sure he's probably smiling down upon you all. Godspeed
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Moderator Emeritus

Moonie, While my father was not perfect by any stretch of the imagination he was my father and he did what he though was right....It took me a long time to realize that my job was not to change my father but to accept him as he was and when I did we got close again.....I had many good times with my dad as you did and I am sorry for your loss.

Father, I ask that You grant peace and comfort to Moonie, his family, and their friends. They are all grieving and need your support through this loss. Father, You are the great healer and I ask You to walk with them and support them at their time of loss. AMEN Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Vendor Sponsor

There are no words to capture the pain of losing a good father. All we can do is encourage you to honor his memory like you have done and to make memories with your son.
    My father died Dec 2014 left me a Marlin bolt action shotgun. Only in the last month could I even gather the interest to shoot it
    Now Plan on deer hunting some with it to honor his memory
    Hang in there
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

Moonie,
    My deepest condolences to you and your family and my wishes for you to be at peace with your thoughts as you go through this rough time.
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Perma-Banned

Sorry to hear this...it is tough to lose your parents.

Prayer sent for y'all.

Boolit Master

It's never easy loosing someone especially suddenly. I lost my Dad 4 yrs ago three days after Fathers day with no warning. I know how you feel and you have my deepest condolences. Having your own family around you will help but it takes time. I still think of my Dad everyday, it sounds as though you will too.

James

My deepest condolences to you and your family, may our Lord receive him with open arms.
    RIP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Losing a dad is hard. Mine was 9 years 2 months ago. He was 57, I was 34. One day, and it may be a long time coming, you will think of him, and smile.

Boolit Bub
    Sorry to hear....never forget he lives in your mind and your heart.

Boolit Master

Thanks everyone, the service is tomorrow and I have some stories ready to tell about him that I'm sure will make him proud.