MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: Toothpicks

Boolit Master

Toothpicks

Hope i don't get banned for this, but here goes. Anyone who has run a coon line will know about the usefulness of the male coons 'member'. These make some of the best and most durable toothpicks on the market. They are somewhat time consuming to manufacture, but the status and conversation possibilities are endless.

Imagine going to your finest restaurant, ordering your favorite steak, baked potato, and other items, a red wine, and maybe a good cup of coffee afterwards. THEN pull out the prize handmade toothpick and then it's on. The stares, the ahhh's, the oooh's, the 'what the h***'s. This might be the time to pay your bill be for the maitre'd come's sliding over.

So, who's harvested them, who's made them, who's used them? Be honest now!

P S. Make'em sharp and use in good taste.
    Enewetak Atomic Clean Up Veteran 1979

Ok I'll bite. Had a boy Bing one into work one day but it wasn't fashioned as a toothpick. Told everyone it was a co on whistle. Should have seen the look on the guys faces after they were told what it was made from after attempting to make a whistle sound with it.
    I cast therefor I shoot. Or is it the outher way around?

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyshooter View Post
    Ok I'll bite. Had a boy Bing one into work one day but it wasn't fashioned as a toothpick. Told everyone it was a co on whistle. Should have seen the look on the guys faces after they were told what it was made from after attempting to make a whistle sound with it.
    I was told almost about the same ,but the guy was disable and in a bar and someone ask him what was on his key chain and he said a dog whistle. The guy took the it from him and ask the fur buyer for another one.
    Last edited by trapper9260; 11-30-2016 at 08:28 AM.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

We own Treeing curs great great natured smart hunting dogs been around coon hunting about my whole life seen this plenty o Kentucky toothpicks! Actually a group of ladies at the gun club have them as charms on necklaces! I knew what this post was about before I opened it, yeah you might be a redneck if

Boolit Master

Thanks guys for the replies. Took one to work, years ago. At lunch time we ate in the office. When we were finished i whipped out my pick and went at it. One of the girls asked "What's that ?". Showed it to her and she had no idea what it was. So after a little explaining she got all flushed and we thought she was going to puke right there. " Oh my god that's disgusting. How could you do something like that?" I told her that the right people would pay up to $10.00 a piece for these. Well it was all lost on her, ya know what I mean.

nagantguy. Only a select few have the honor. We is rednecks.
    Enewetak Atomic Clean Up Veteran 1979

Boolit Master

Never had a stick from a coon but had a couple from black bear. They run right at 4" or so in length and we always called them swizzle sticks.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ole 5 hole group View Post
    Never had a stick from a coon but had a couple from black bear. They run right at 4" or so in length and we always called them swizzle sticks.

I saw a bar tender get the **** beat out of him.
    Every one thought is was funny for him to stir drinks with a "bone" from a bear.

A stranger and his wife came in. The bar tender stirred her drink with the "bone".
    Problem was the husband was an old bear hunter!!!!

Take care
    Abenaki

I knew a lady from Wi. that used them in jewelry. She also used the same from Mink, for earrings.
    If I were a young single guy, I'd have one hanging out of my pocket on my keyring. I'd also have a keyring with an ottertail attached. I have a otter tail keyring and often have it hanging out of my pocket, while in line at a store. Women can't help theirselves, and always ask what it is. Now if a young single guy just got it line by the ones he found attractive, it would be game on, and ofcourse you would have to show them the toothpick!