MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: native american pow wow dance music.

Perm-Banned

native american pow wow dance music.

i gotta ask, and im sure im the only one. anybody else like and listen to this type of music? a few times a week i drive 15 or 30 miles to one or two towns. we have a local native american radio station that plays this kind of music about the time im traveling. its the only kind of music i listen to in my little truck. i dont know why but it is a really feel good music to me. bet i get no comments, but gotta try.

Boolit Master
    I occasionally flip to the native news radio station and they'll play some native songs. I enjoy them now and again and have been to several native dance performances but they are typically drumming and dancing, not singing.

At least to my ear, good music is universal and I've enjoyed music from most every culture around the world.

Banned

try working on the Mandan reservation in North Dakota for a couple of years, you'll learn the difference between the songs pretty quickly.
    I couldn't wait till 5 am when they played a whole album of American music.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Here is one that I enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvYI...eature=related

Amazing Grace (in cherokee)

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Perm-Banned
    thanks for that, our local methodist church has a song book with the native tongue words in it to that song.

Boolit Buddy
    I listen to it after I get in bed every night

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I used to live a few hundred yards from the Standing Arrow pow wow grounds. I did get tired of the all night, week long drumming. However, I do enjoy the music in small doses.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

It is the drum! The beat is so close to the human heart that it connects with most people. Every Pow-Wow begins with a blessing of the drum, as it is the beating heart of Mother earth.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

here is some different Native Music
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV10wBdSIv4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST56ATKfgfs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19nm5_nAwQg

brought me peace at various time in my life when things just got stressful, sometimes it is good to walk in the past. While in the Army when things got tense this is where I would go to seek peace. hope you like this music
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Bub
    i listen to the peyote healing song on youtube when i start getting down. helps me to reset the brain and take stock of the good things and good people in my life. i've only been to one peyote ceremony. ain't gonna go to another. i got to much whiteman in me. to many demons!!!! but i do enjoy flute music and other native music. someone mentioned amazing grace in Cherokee. it is ok on youtube. but you should hear it live in a cherokee church!!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    try working on the Mandan reservation in North Dakota for a couple of years, you'll learn the difference between the songs pretty quickly.
    I couldn't wait till 5 am when they played a whole album of American music.
    Fort Berthold Indian Reservation?????

Quote Originally Posted by johnson1942 View Post
    i gotta ask, and im sure im the only one. anybody else like and listen to this type of music? a few times a week i drive 15 or 30 miles to one or two towns. we have a local native american radio station that plays this kind of music about the time im traveling. its the only kind of music i listen to in my little truck. i dont know why but it is a really feel good music to me. bet i get no comments, but gotta try.
    I always feel moved upon hearing it.

"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkhillbilly49 View Post
    i listen to the peyote healing song on youtube when i start getting down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC4PcNEVAY0

Boolit Grand Master

The map is off on the range of the Mandan's.

Boolit Master
    The Northern native peoples

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    Strange that the map goes not show the FOX tribe anywhere near Chicago Il but it was reported that the Iroquois came to a location less than 5 miles from my house and had a BIG battle with the FOX tribe there.

Many arrow heads were collected at that site up till a few years ago when they started building homes on that location.
    WE WON. WE BEAT THE MACHINE. WE HAVE CCW NOW.

Perm-Banned
    the mandans are part of the 3 tribes north of bismark n.dak. fort berthold is west of their close to wiston n.dak. the mandans are a interesting tribe. they are believed to be a mixture of viking and a souix type tribe started long ago. their language is souix like but with a lot of old norse(viking) words in it. they even had chiefs named mangus, a viking name. they had every color of hair but no red. they also had a greying factor in their hair that many would get grey and then white hair starting in their teens. they are a big strong people, some a tall as 7 ft tall. they had a weapon no other tribe had. it was a round flat stone with a hole drilled in the middle of it. they would attach a long flexible thin rope to it and if caught out on the prairie by a enemy they could swing that stone in a circle above their head and release it and take the enemy off his horse and then finish him on the ground. if you stole from them they would track you down over many many miles and make you pay. small pocks hit them hard. i worked with a dr. who was mandan. he was very tall and well built with a native face structure much different than other tribes. he had a long flat face quite similar to a viking face in bone structure but with a asian look to it. their religion is very similar to the christian religion as the vikings who started the mandan tribe were first generation christians.

Boolit Master
    I listen to KTNN, 660 AM. The voice of the Navajo Nation. It was granted the last 50,000 watt license in 1986. I enjoy the music, and often the station announcer only speaks in Navajo. I believe it is broadcast out of Window Rock, in N.E. Arizona. It is far from me, but comes in great, day or night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast