Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Lee Precision
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Unequal

Boolit Master
    I saw a High Standard Crusader once at a Gun Show. It had the knight with sword inlayed into the rather too bulky rear of the frame.

Interesting gun. High Standard saw a potential market in .44 Magnum double actions after the movie Dirty Harry came out and Smith and Wesson were backordered for a year or more. Management got hold of a Model 29, got all their engineers together in a meeting, and asked them “What improvements would you like to see in this gun?”

They did indeed come up with improvements, making a stouter gun than the 29. Unfortunately, soon after production started, Smith and Wesson caught up on its backlog, lots of sore-handed former Magnum enthusiasts were dumping their 29s, the brokers who’d bought up all the 29s they could afford in order to to sell “Now!” to the impatient types at a hefty premium were sitting on a ton of unsold inventory, and the Crusader was just a minor starting player in a totally saturated market. High Standard ceased manufacture after just a couple months. Kind of a shame, but a sound business decision.

The owner of course knew what he had and wanted beaucoups moola for his treasure. I’ve never seen another one.

I’ve never seen any “Unequal” anywhere either. Whoever came up with that lame name should have been fired. The word “unequal” implies inequality on the inferior, not the superior side.

Boolit Buddy
    Powder Valley now has stock.

Boolit Master
    I got excited, and looked at their site, and am not seeing it !!!

Type in "Unequal" in their search box. They have > 100 14oz, 4lb and 8lb in stock for anyone wanting it. You have to choose the container size in the option box for the "add to cart" to work.

Boolit Master
    Just came from their site again,and my search for Unequal still shows nothing. When I search for Red, Green, Blue, they show all in stock, Unequal, nothing

Something must be wrong with your browser. Did you click on the link in my last post?

Boolit Master
    rsrocket1, I just used your link, and it works,thank you. Maybe now some will show up locally, and we can get some results back on its performance compared to Unique. I am looking forward to using it, as I've had excellent results with IMR Red. Jim

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345