Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Google warning AGAINST CASTBOOLITS!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Nope same error and line of code I pointed out in staff if I come in from a google search...
    Just tried a google search for "cast boolits" and this came back as the first few lines:

About 209,000 results (0.37 seconds)

Search Results

Cast Boolits

castboolits.gunloads.com/

This site may be hacked.
    Cast Boolits. A place for the discussion of our favorite pb projectiles. Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena, The Silver Stream graciously hand ...
    Notice where it says, "This site may be hacked"...

First time I try to go there, it redirects to "http://myfilestore.com/download.php?id=2b5c7c20". If I try it again, it goes to the correct web address.

So, I then cleared the last hour of my cache and it redirects to the bogus address again. But if I try again (without clearing the cache), it does not.

Apparently it can tell when was the last time you accessed their site and if a certain period of time hasn't expired, then it doesn't redirect you to their bogus site.

Boolit Buddy
    I get redirected to myfilestore also but only when I click on the link from my email that alerts me to a new post.

Boolit Master
    No shady stuff here in a while.Using Google Chrome.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

I gt it once--about a week ago. It was on there for about 3 days, then disappeared and I was back to normal. I use chrome as my default browser but my operating system on my desktop is the windows 10 upgrade from windows 7. Windows 10 and its upgrades seem to have attracted this to my computer. I don't think it's a Chrome problem because every time this @#$^&%# windows 10 crashes or does an update that takes forever then crashes, I switch to my little laptop chromebook and I can get everything--including Cast Boolits when I couldn't get it on my desktop. Microsoft needs to get its act together, and maybe even stop with the underground effort at "political correctness".

Boolit Buddy
    i've stayed away fro days because of the warning, thinking CB was hacked...

Everything squared away now?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

μολων λαβε

Boolit Mold
    Folks,

new member here. Parts of this forum apparently have been infected with a virus known as "Social Engineering" as reported by my AVG virus checker. Depending on how you enter the site, it puts up a message to upgrade or install a new video driver and you CANNOT get out of the screen. The second time I hit this, the virus blocker caught it, but the first time it was pain. You may have to roll back to an earlier image of your system. The site administrator needs to get this cleaned up. FWIW.

If I can throw in my $.02... this new situation arose at about the same time I started to see Ebay banners in the rotating header area.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

I had it happen a couple of times then it stopped.
    You do not fight out of hate but rather the love and compassion you have for those you are trying to protect.

The ultimate destination of the redirect is playperks.net. It went through three redirects to get there.

Doing this from my phone because the security on my PC won't allow a redirect like that. I recommend Firefox with NoScript installed as minimum.

Josh

Redirect happens only with Google. Bing and Yahoo bring me here with no drama.

Josh

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Smith View Post
    Redirect happens only with Google. Bing and Yahoo bring me here with no drama.

Josh
    Then it could be the Google search result link has been hacked
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    Then it could be the Google search result link has been hacked
    Well, I guess it *could* be... It could also be a leftist media space alien conspiracy lead by Elvis, but I doubt it.

Seriously though... I have only noticed it on links returned on Google that were to forums running vbulletin forum software.

Boolit Buddy
    From what I've read, it's related to some search engine optimization plugin for vBulletin. Someone should look into it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Humbo View Post
    From what I've read, it's related to some search engine optimization plugin for vBulletin. Someone should look into it.
    Just checked and the problem still exists.

Boolit Mold
    Yep, still get the malicious software warning. Noticed the same on a couple of other forums a week or so ago. It lasted for one day then the warning was gone.
    Speak of revolution, and a lunatic with a certificate will label you a misfit.

Boolit Grand Master

I haven't had it happen since back around Thanksgiving time, everything seems to be working normal for me.
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Buddy
    I don't get using tap talk
    Just signed on regular site no issue

It's definitely compromised code on the server. This has gone on long enough now that it's clear the site operator has some issues. Hopefully someone is looking into it. Operating a site, knowing its been compromised, would seem negligent to me.

The malicious code is clever in that it stores a cookie and only runs occasionally. It doesn't run every single time, just enough to do what it needs to do without completely locking everyone out of the site all the time. By doing this, it allows site operators, such as this one, to ignore the issue. It isn't bad enough to warrant a fix for site operators that don't have the expertise, and is more of an annoyance to those of us that know to ignore the redirect. For anyone who doesn't ignore the redirect and gets infected by clicking and downloading something, well, they are the true victims and this site is to blame for allowing it to continue to go on.
    Last edited by rototerrier; 01-08-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Well know that blows
    Hope the moderators look into it

I thought I was the only one with the myfilestore redirect! Its been happening for weeks! I just go back and reclick the link and i get it but its annoying. Here is a screen shot

Ill try anything once, twice if I forgot

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast