Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Rifle brass giveaway....no joke, but there is a catch!

Rifle brass giveaway....no joke, but there is a catch!

So...here's the deal. I've had a good year, and in such me and my family have enjoyed many blessings.

With that said....I'd like to share some of our blessings, and will do that by giving away 5 lots of brass, 100pcs. in each lot. Here's the catch.....the brass will be donated to individuals by way of nomination, made privately by way of PM. That's pretty much the only rule. You can nominate a friend, a relative, a site member, a non-site member, an enemy? even yourself. Obviously, I want the brass to go to someone with a need, and hopefully someone in a situation where it will make a difference in their ability to get out and shoot.

If I get a bunch of nominations for one caliber and not many for others, I may split it 50/50, or maybe drop a caliber and double up on the ones most requested. I don't really have an agenda....other than to get brass into the hands of folks who need it.

OK....one more catch. I will ask the nominating party to cover the cost of shipping, and obviously I'll cover the cost of the brass. Each lot should fit in a SFRB.

Here's what I have to offer:

100 pcs. 222 Rem - New, unfired R-P nickel

100 pcs. 220 Swift - R-P 1x

100 pcs. 6mm Rem - R-P 1x

100 pcs. 257 Roberts - mixed 1x

100 pcs. 35 Whelen - all R-P, some nickel

This site has been wonderful to me and my family....folks here have supported us when we had bills to pay, have helped when I had a project to figure out, and every dealing I've had has been top notch. Thank you all!!

God Speed.

Trails.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master

This is why I keep coming back here.........good people like you brother!!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

WOW!
    Those are some rare birds!

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    WOW!
    Those are some rare birds!
    Well Ron...there have been some rare birds show up mysteriously around here over the years....quite a few of which I'm pretty sure may have started life in your lead pot.

The sun has shone brightly on the family this year, and I'm in a position to share some goodness. Not much interest yet....but I'm hoping folks will notice this post and get some nominations coming in!

God Speed!
    Trails.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's a great thing you are doing. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

In Remembrance

My compliments to you for doing this.Robert

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Great idea, and a Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Giving this one a little bump..... I've gotten a few nominations, but not many. Gotta be some folks out there that need this stuff!!

Happy Thanksgiving!
    Trails.

Boolit Buddy
    Hello Trails......tried to send a PM but all I get is a white screen. I think my old laptop is just getting too old and isn't keeping up with current updates anymore. I would like to nominate SHUZ ( Ray ) at Nine Miles Falls near Spokane Washington. He's shooting a 35 Whelen so i think he would like the Whelen brass. I have shot a Whelen myself for nearly 25 years now and just recently got into casting. Ray ( SHUZ ) has helped me flatten the learning curve immensely and is always there with a helping hand when I have asked his advise. I am in Canada and he is just south of me about 3 hours drive...we have never met, but he is always there to help. Thanks for doing this.

Best regards
    Paul Jacobsen
    Nelson , BC
    Canada

Boolit Bub
    I also cannot send pm due to a white screen. I would like to nominate me for the 35 whelen brass. Thank you Jim

Moderator Emeritus

White screen for me but interested in 222 brass.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Not sure about the white screen, guys...but apparently it's been resolved as I'm getting PMs now. Just a heads up, I have gotten some good nominations, and will act on these soon.

Right now....I have been dispatched to another fire in Georgia, so will be out of pocket for 7-10 days or so. Keep the nom's coming, and I will wrap this up when I get back home.

God Speed!
    Trails.

I'm home from GA....so last chance for nom's! I'll finish this up and get items shipped this weekend.

Thanks! Trails.

Alright gang;

I'm wrapping this up tonight. I got some great nominations....and got to enjoy some inspiring, thoughtful and generous thoughts from members here. It is so awesome to see folks take the time to tell their stories...about their family members, friends and in some cases, people they don't really even know, but care enough about to help them out.

With that said....ya'll wore me out on 257Bob brass...but that's OK. If that's where the need is, then that's where we need to be. I've broken up the qty's...there were too many good nominations to choose!:

Winners are:

1) A long-standing member here who has suffered some financial hard-times, but has always been kind to me and others, and has contributed greatly to this site. To this member will go 60pcs. of 257Bob, which he will use to help keep his 91 year old father shooting.

2) A brother of a member here, who is retired Army. To this shooter will go the 6mm Rem

3) A friend of a member here, who has recently found a Model 70 in 257Bob, and can't find cases to feed it. To this shooter will go 60pcs of 257Bob.

4) A long-standing member here with an 'ole Whelen named Betsie, and poor Betsie hasn't seen properly head-stamped brass in a very long time. I've never seen such genuine gratitude!! To this member will go 100pcs. of Whelen.

5) An active member here who will soon be loading 257 Imp. for his 10 year old twin daughters. What more can I say. To this member will go 80pcs. of 257Bob. (Yeah...I know, more than the other Bob winners, but have you ever seen 10-year old girls shoot???)

6) A long-standing member here who has helped many, many others here in pursuits of muzzleloading, paper patching, BPCRs, levers, etc., etc. Pending covert research on just how we can help this member!

God Speed, and Merry Christmas to you all!
    Trails.

Boolit Buddy
    Bravo.....what an awesome forum. Merry Christmas Trails....Merry Christmas

Paul Jacobsen
    Nelson, B.C.
    Canada

Everything is shipping out tomorrow..... Thanks for playing gang, this has been a blast!!

God Speed and Merry Christmas!
    Trails.

Boolit Grand Master
    I live near and have worked a career in one of our East Coast cities. For you historians, it's Mob Town. So much pettiness, & selfishness here. A posting like this truly makes me remember how good some people are. Well done, Sir.

Boolit Grand Master

This is such a generous thing to do for the members here. Trails may you have a Merry Christmas!
    Charter Member #148

Merry Christmas and God Bless