RepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad DataWideners
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What was he thinking?

Boolit Buddy

What was he thinking?

If the photo is too graphic, I apologise in advance. Mods please remove if needed and advise me as such. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161119_141143.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	181185 Sit on a dead fall at 7 yards and cuss me for a half hour non stop? Go right ahead. Wish I could tell ya it was a cast boolit, but it was instead a 230grain hydra shock . Think I got his attention? No deer to speak of that day .No wasted meat nonetheless. - CASTER
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Boolit Master
    I think all of us have or would have done the same. PITA squirrels! lol When you do that with a 12ga slug the results aren't so nice.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by NyFirefighter357 View Post
    I think all of us have or would have done the same. PITA squirrels! lol When you do that with a 12ga slug the results aren't so nice.
    I bet not. Lol After the shot ,I figured that he was trashed. The angle of the shot was not in my favor. He never flinched afterwards.
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have to admit to beheading a grey squirrel with a 6.5-06 one time. It was close enough that I held the crosshairs over his eye by about one and a half inches.

I didn't get a deer that day, but the fried squirrel made a good supper.

Robert

Boolit Buddy
    Where I live i'd be in cuffs before the echo died and the place is absolutely infested with the arrogant ********. I've got a fat black one that's ripping insulation out of somewhere and stuffing it into my window sill in a hoard.

So, I enjoyed this.

Boolit Buddy
    30-06 will behead a tree rat real good, but a 20 ga slug at center mass, no so pretty. 20 ga was kinda like Judge Roy Bean shooting Bad Bob in the back with the Sharps 50. Lot of daylight thru that squirrel.
    CF
    Vote Independent, vote Republican, vote Democratic, just don’t vote Incumbent!
    I believe in the Bible, Freedom, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and personal responsibility. My government believes I am narrow minded, intolerant and dangerous.

Boolit Master

I was bow hunting from a ground blind many years ago and had one that was about to jump on me as he thought I was part of the tree, had to move and tell him to go away before he got the message. They can certainly be annoying when deer hunting.

Boolit Master

I do not think he suffered any.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Banned

Have been considering getting an accurate air pistol to carry while deer hunting for this reason.

I did this with an inline muzzle loader once, yeah, not much left. I kind of enjoy watching them and often have them come in very close to check me out, but they usually don't hang around that long.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
    Where I live i'd be in cuffs before the echo died and the place is absolutely infested with the arrogant ********. I've got a fat black one that's ripping insulation out of somewhere and stuffing it into my window sill in a hoard.

So, I enjoyed this.
    Air rifle? Ruger 10-22 firing Aguila sub sonic sniper 60gr?

Where there's a will, there's a way!

Bulldogger

Boolit Master
    It seems hard on a conversationalist, and I remember when "Guns and Ammo" advised people not to send in pictures which showed blood, let alone the poor beast's inner being. But I am sure the squirrel doesn't suffer any more than it would running a few yards and keeling over gracefully like deer do.

One benefit of an air pistol is that deer, even ours which hear very few shots per week in a long open season, don't seem to mind an air-pistol sound in the least. I don't know what it sounds like, but it must sound like something.

Boolit Master

Put out some rodent bait where the pets and children cannot get to it problem will cure itself.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Master

I'm not sure he was thinking anything good shot. I for one enjoy seeing these little critters, my wife hunts them almost every other day,I once took her to a Deer lodge so she could shoot squirrels over the feeders, they make great stew.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

I have a Master's Degree in Squirrel so I just out cuss them in their own language. Snapping fingers works most of the time. A .45 works every time. Good show old chap. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    To the OP, I think you got him! Peregrine,One of those suppressed air rifles made by Gamo should do the trick for that black squirrel stashing insulation! Had a friend living in town, overrun with those arrogant little things, I spent about two full days at his house,and ate squirrels for a month! Lol one shot from a RWS Diana magnum air rifle, and go get them! No cops, neighbors were happy, and at that time in my life those squirrels were a good thing for my family!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post

So, I enjoyed this.
    Get some Victor rat traps put pipe cleaner through the trigger and wrap it tightly around it. Smash peanut butter into the pipe cleaner. Place trap where it can't be seen by anyone that doesn't need to see it. Check on a regular basis.
    You will need to also keep it in aN area that is not heavily used by mice ,moles, etc. I heard this method works very well. (So I have been told) 😉

I don't know about other states but air arms are not legal for hunting in Texas. Dang it.

Boolit Master

I think you got him.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    It really wouldn't be to graphic if you took him home and cooked him up !
    otherwise I'm appalled! That was his home and you were the intruder He should have had an AK!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

I once had a red squirrel giving me a hard time. I thought long and hard about blastin him with the '06'. Yes, no, yes, no. Finally, yes! He was sitting up on a big old log just a going at it. I had the cross hairs on him when out of the corner of my eye come a red tailed hawk at mach 80 and blasted that bugger off the log. I smiled a big grin as I watched him fly off kneeding his fresh lunch with those big tallons. Hawks gotta eat too ya know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast