WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RCBS LAM1 Rebuild

Boolit Master

Got my Lube-A-Matic 1 at an auction. No one knew what it was. Auctioneer said it's some kind of press. I paid $11.00 for it!

Boolit Grand Master

Parts arrived today. Hopefully I have time to put it together this weekend.

Boolit Grand Master

RCBS LAM1 Rebuild

Will have pics up shortly. This is the last one I will rebuild. And the last RCBS product I ever bought. I had the details up but removed them. Suffice to say I've had to many poor outcomes w/ their warranty department. Not trying to be rude but I don't care if you've had spectacular service. My interactions have been horrible on a few occasions and the rebuild of this sizer will be the last time I ever deal w/ them.

Edit:
    So here are the pics. It looks a lot like the first one for obvious reasons. In this pic you can see how the handle and reservoir cap are a black color. This is from the Evaporust treatment. Parts are rust free but due to how the Evaporust works the parts have darkened. Makes it easy to differentiate the sizers so I'm not complaining.

In this pic you can see a ram that's not very polished. The one I bought from them is to large of a diameter to fit through the casting. So I had to reuse the old one. I spent a short amount of time polishing it. It still needs more work. It's smooth and will work so I may just leave it this way.

My biggest concern is leaking through the base plug. The threaded rod is apparently obsolete. They didn't inform me of this before I sent them a check. This is what I'm most angry about. Had they told me I couldn't get every part I wanted I would have kept this one for the casting and the good parts on it. The old rod is pretty beat up. And I've had issues w/ the old rods and new base plugs leaking. These two mate up a lot better than the ones in the past so we will see if it leaks.

Something is misaligned but I'm not sure what just yet. I think the handle yoke might be a little bent. Once I go to use it I will get it straightened out and running right. The ram is really tight when operating it so something needs to be tweaked.
    Last edited by dragon813gt; 11-18-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123