Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Good luck tomorrow all you fellow southern zone NY hunters, and all everywhere else

Good luck tomorrow all you fellow southern zone NY hunters, and all everywhere else

I havent been on much since the 1st of Oct. Thats because early bow season started and I have a serious love affiair with bow season. I was lucky enough to take 2 deer, one was a 6 point yesterday that I am very proud of. Not a big rack but I could care less. very nice sized body and will give us many pots of chili and stew. Every deer is a trophy in my book.
    Tomorrow starts Southern Zone NY gun season. I will be carrying my grandfathers SKB 20 gauge as a side arm, and my Super Blackhawk as my primary. Loaded with my own cast 429421's over AA#9. I hope to get a chance to take a deer with it this weekend. So thank you to everyone for helping a complete newbie start casting this year and good luck to anyone in the field wherever you are.
    -Andrew
    Ill try anything once, twice if I forgot

Boolit Master
    I went out Saturday in an area swamped with deer. Didn't see a thing.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    73 degrees Sat. to 15" of snow on the ground from continuous storm starting last Sunday. 24* here this AM and still snowing. Hope to see deer soon.

Ken
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Boolit Man
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1120160849.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	181305

Sunday 8:15 or so, 80/90 yards. He is a good heavy 9 point. I used my Tikka T3 in 308 which unfortunately I haven't come up with a cast load that I'm willing to hunt with. A 150 grain Sierra worked in the interim. You are right, opening weekend was crazy. Sweating in the AM and bitter wind driving snow horizontally in the PM and all day Sunday. I got real lucky on this one. Arthritis in my hips was making itself known so I stood up in the stand to stretch a little and just happened to catch him sneaking along behind me side hilling. It was an "oh ****, gotta go!" moment. Got him moving at a fair clip, almost running but not quite, right behind the point of his shoulder. He went about 30 yards and did the wobble flop.

Very nice deer! Congrats!
    I'm the gun totin, meat eatin', BIBLE readin', redneck conservative your mother always warned you about.

" Holes kill stuff. "

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    Congratulations!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Boolit Master

Nice Congrats
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Opening morning I had to honk at an 8 pointer to get him out of the road.
    I have 3 of them hanging. Monday morning was so quiet in the snow I literally walked up on a buck. When I shot him a doe ran in to see what was happening. I could have shot another doe while I was dragging them out. The excitement was already lost on me though.

Nice buck Paul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

ROCHESTER NY ..Dam it figures im not hunting this year in Bristol or out in Hamlin snow ,snow .
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy View Post
    Opening morning I had to honk at an 8 pointer to get him out of the road.
    I have 3 of them hanging. Monday morning was so quiet in the snow I literally walked up on a buck. When I shot him a doe ran in to see what was happening. I could have shot another doe while I was dragging them out. The excitement was already lost on me though.

Nice buck Paul.
    Dave Biesenbach
    port charlotte fl

butchered all 3 of them this morning. It's been below 40° all week so I let them hang.

No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

last hour buck on the last day of regular season

Boolit Buddy

Some nice looking deer here!!

Boolit Buddy

Good thread! Congrats to each of you.

Fatnhappy: Congrats on the nice last minute buck. How did you manage to kill anything with that army of blaze orange you had with you? I hope you made them help drag him out.

Boolit Master

Quite the crew you got there fatnhappy. Neighbor kids?

one is mine. The 5' 10" 200 lb 15 year old on the right. He drags my deer one handed these days. The same little kid that had a brain tumor removed 5 1/2 years ago, no less.

One of the other kids is on his travel baseball team, the other 2 are friends kids. We ran a drive trying to get the kids to score. I just finished butchering the last two. It's been below freezing all week. I skinned them the same day and hung them in garage all week. It's nice cutting them when the woodbeef is semi-solid. They'll be delicious...... they're corn finished. Their bellies were loaded. None of the deer I skinned this year had much fat, excepting the short tail.