MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
Snyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sig P238 or Colt Mustang Pocketlite

Boolit Master
    Understand. I went with the mak cause ammo and guns are inexpensive. Recoil is mild enough for the gun size.

I'd go with the .380 too if I wanted to buy a higher quality gun.

Boolit Master

I have a SIG p230, p238, and a keltec p3AT.

All .380.

The 230 is a fine full sized medium frsm auto.. But I live the full featured 238.

Boolit Master

one more Vote for the P938 Attachment 182242
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Buddy
    Bought a p238 for the wife awhile back, and while I can't comment on the others, the sig is awesome. Not having any problems with it whatsoever, wish I would have bought it for myself!
    ]Why does anyone need an assault rifle? My first need is articulated in the US v Miller 1939 decision: every citizen eligible for volunteer or conscript military service, every member of the unorganized militia, should be familiar with his nation's military service rifle, and the service rifles of potential allies and foes as well, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Thats what I am leanimg towards. Sig is just hard to beat all the way around.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

Mine is the zombie edition, I love the aluminum grips

Boolit Master

My wife liked the purple 938 lol, whatever makes her happy.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    one more Vote for the P938 Attachment 182242
    Is that an Alabama Pocket Holster?
    And are those aftermarket grips? My Extreme has the greenish scaled grips and it's tearing up my hands. Got a Pachmayr Slip on Tac Glove and it works. Just doesn't look as nice

Lefty
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Red View Post
    Is that an Alabama Pocket Holster?
    And are those aftermarket grips? My Extreme has the greenish scaled grips and it's tearing up my hands. Got a Pachmayr Slip on Tac Glove and it works. Just doesn't look as nice

Lefty
    7 uh in

Yes Alabama pocket holster and VZ grips

Boolit Master

Attachment 182608
    Yes VZ grips on P938 and on Ruger 1911

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    Attachment 182608
    Yes VZ grips on P938 and on Ruger 1911
    Beautiful grips and pistols.

Well, Kimber it is. Went to the fun store today planning to ask about the stainless Kimber Micro and they had one under the glass for $500.00 so I layawayed it. The owner said the Micro series has gotten very popular and he sold another one just before I arrived. I still find it amusing that Kimber was the least expensive choice here. Sig would be my preference but it doesn't come without night sights and so costs a lot more. With Colt of course you pay extra for those pretty pony medallions and the front sight is integral to the slide, meaning that it requires mill work if you want to replace it.

I'm surprised at how small these .380 1911's are. The Micro is about the same size as the Ruger LCP II in th case next to it. The Micro grip is slightly longer, the LCP II slide is slightly longer, both are about the same thickness. The Micro slid down into my pocket almost as easily as the standard LCP does, certainly easier than my Glock 42 or S&W 637 do. Looking forward to bailing it out!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    I'd get the Sig P938 . It's not that much larger or heavier nut shoots some harder .

Eddie
    Last edited by Eddie Southgate; 12-19-2016 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Can't type
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

I have laid out my reasons why I want a .380 in previous posts. If I wanted a small 9mm I would have bought the used Glock 43 in the same shop for $375.00. Yes, I was more than tempted but I already have a 26 which I like very much and the Micro .380 fills a hole in my arsenal right now.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    I have laid out my reasons why I want a .380 in previous posts. If I wanted a small 9mm I would have bought the used Glock 43 in the same shop for $375.00. Yes, I was more than tempted but I already have a 26 which I like very much and the Micro .380 fills a hole in my arsenal right now.
    The 238/Micro/Mustang is smaller than the Sig P938. Not much smaller, but when you throw it in your pocket you noticed it. The Mustang I use to own fit into a Desantis Superfly holster and disappear in my pocket. The P938 need a different holster and it's much hard to conceal in certain pants for me.

if you get the chance, try out the Streamlight TLR-6. It doesn't blind, but it actually works on these subcompacts and pocket sized pistols. I run mine with just the light and it does it's job!
    Attachment 183147

Still think the Sig is the best of the bunch for SA 380 pistols. Colt's QC was iffy the past couple of years and Kimber's QC is non existent. But hope you got a good one.

Lefty

I guess we will be finding out. My brother in law has two Kimbers and loves them. The shop owner says he gets very few complaints about them. He is a stand up guy and if I have a problem he will make it right, even if the factory won't.

Boolit Master
    GONR notes ya'll are really into this stuff.
    Suggest a Olde (not sure about "these days" manufacture) Para Ordnance .45 ACP Warthog.
    Its small, BUT gotta admit "WIDE".
    Slops around in my jeans pocket Just Fine for shootin' up stuff
    with explosive bullets whilst roaming the woods....

No mini .45's for me. I can't shoot them well at all, and no matter how much you downsize the gun it is still going to be bigger because of the larger cartridge.

Boolit Master

Luv my P238 nuff said.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

I bailed out the Micro yesterday. Also picked up a couple of extra mags for it, glad to see they are reasonably priced at $21.95 each at the fun store. Hopefully I can test drive it soon, all my reloading stuff is still in moving boxes.