Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sig P238 or Colt Mustang Pocketlite

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I sure will. Dropped it off at the fun store for the trip back to Yonkers today with a detailed letter explaining what the problems are. As I type this I am carrying my Glock 42. Love that pistol, can't say enough good about it.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

I like the G42, and the G43. Just not the company nor its owner. But they do produce a good weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

I don't like the company or it's owner either. But that is outweighed by the ability to buy any Glock part, OEM or aftermarket, quickly and cheaply from thousands of places. If this problem happened with my 42 I probably have all the parts in my stash to fix it barring a frame/slide/barrel problem. With the Kimber, there is exactly one source for parts and they don't like selling them outside of the few on their website. That is, if you can even get them on the phone in the first place.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

I know, it's a major drawl to Glocks.

But truthfully, over the past few years and all the different pistols and revolvers that I have shot that needed repair had to be sent in or to a gunsmith. Only when I wanted to "tune" or personalize my Glock did aftermarket parts ever come into play. And very major company that I have used fixed the weapon and got it back to me quickly. So after knowing that, Glock lost a lot of the "desire" for me.

So I understand your post. Parts, and the fact that Glock makes a very good weapon that works. And at one time, was the leader in the industry. But now so many other companies have caught up and surpassed Glock, IMHO.

Anyways, keep us informed.

Lefty

Got the Micro back today. They replaced the mag catch, mag catch spring, recoil spring, firing pin spring, extractor, and a few other things I don't remember. Everything feels a lot tighter now even compared to when the gun was new. I wonder if Kimber figured out that they had a bad run of small parts at some point and are just replacing them on every gun that comes in? Anyhow, I'm planning to give it some exercise this weekend with factory and reloads. I really, really hope it is fixed right as I love shooting this pistol and it is a joy to carry.

Gave the Micro some exercise after work today. I am pleased to announce that it worked perfectly with both FMJ and boolits. I really like how the mag stays in place quite firmly now. I think Kimber is using a stronger recoil spring now as the empties land a lot closer than they did. Accuracy is still really good. I sure hope the Micro stays fixed 'cause it's a great little pistol!

Boolit Master

Glad to hear it!
    Saw two LNIB Micro 380 on the fun shop tonight. If it had an ambidextrous safety on it, it might have came home with me.

Lefty

Hmm, LNIB. Mebbe they had problems and the owner decided to go ahead and unload them? Some Micros have the ambidextrous safety, I would think it is a drop in part.

Boolit Master

So how has the Mirco been running? Thinking of getting one since yours and a friend's are running good.

Still doing great! Have around 100 rounds through it since the repair and the difference is like night and day in terms of function. Carry it almost every day in an "Orgunizer" brand pocket holster which fits better than the Nemesis.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Still doing great! Have around 100 rounds through it since the repair and the difference is like night and day in terms of function. Carry it almost every day in an "Orgunizer" brand pocket holster which fits better than the Nemesis.
    I went back to carrying on my pocket as well. I use a cheap Uncle Mike #3 holster with a Clip Draw. Finally found a way to keep the weapon close to the top and trigger covered.

Lefty

I thought I should add, prices on the Sig P238 are coming down. Rural King one county over from me has the basic black one for $449.95. Back when I bought the Kimber they were all $600.00+.

Just thought I'd let you know, I gave the Micro some more exercise yesterday. On the menu was 3.1 grains Bullseye/Lee 356-102-2R/Federal primer at .963 OAL. The Micro gobbled 'em up no problem with fair accuracy, empties landing around 6 feet away. This load chronos a very consistent 886 fps out of this pistol, by comparison Remington and Federal FMJ factory ammo is around 50 fps slower. I'm very happy with the Micro since I got it back. If it always performs this way I will be carrying it for a long time to come.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    I thought I should add, prices on the Sig P238 are coming down. Rural King one county over from me has the basic black one for $449.95. Back when I bought the Kimber they were all $600.00+.
    Yes they are! Seems like all guns are coming down in price.

I've never known Sigs to come down in price, it seems they would rather create budget models to fill lower price points. I think the main reason this one was so much cheaper is that it doesn't have night sights. When I was shopping for one, they all came with night sights so you had to pay for them whether you wanted them or not.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345