Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Join the Cast Bullet Association

Join the Cast Bullet Association

Hello everyone,

My name is David Reiss and I am the membership director for the Cast Bullet Association. We are an organization of approximately 1600 members worldwide, with of course the vast majority of our members in the U.S.. You can visit or website at www.castbulletassoc.org. (which is currently being remodeled and updated, it should be completed soon, however the old site is still up and running). for more info. As a benefit of being a member you receive our bi-monthly magazine, The Fouling Shot and can participate in our regional matches which include everything from benchrest rifle & handgun matches to military & sporter freehand matches and everything inbetween. We even have postal matches you can participate in from your home range and mail in your target. Below is our charter. I hope to hear from you soon & look forward to you joining our organization.

If you will let me know I will send you a free digital copy of The Fouling Shot.

The Cast Bullet Association's Nature and Purpose

The Cast Bullet Association is an organization of shooters who enjoy shooting cast lead bullets in rifles and handguns for competition, hunting, or informal target shooting. The Association's central purpose is to help shooters enjoy cast bullet shooting by:

1) Stimulating & encouraging experiments in casting & handloading cast
    bullets that will improve the design, accuracy & effectiveness of the
    ammunition & increase the satisfaction & enjoyment of shooters.

2) Provide well-regulated shooting competition programs including postal matches that can be shot on the shooter's home range for those who would like to test their handloading & shooting cast bullet skills against others.

3) Publishing an official journal, The Fouling Shot, to serve as a forum for the exchange of ideas, to report on the results of experiments, experiences, and competitions with cast bullets; and to report all affairs of the association to the membership.

4) Conducting the association's affairs in a manner which presents a favorable impression of the private ownership of firearms to the general public & to otherwise support the citizen's right to keep & bear arms.

Boolit Master

Cost? Who do I pay and hello my name is Steve and I have a addiction to Russian surplus arms and casting and reloading and lately I've spent most day light hours in a tree stand, I'm a bad influence and may not be fit for membership in your fine organization!

Banned

shoot David a PM.
    the fouling shot is worth the money.
    many of our current and former members have written many articles for it.
    last time I checked it was $30.00 for 2 years.

Just go to the our website, castbulletassoc.org and you can join there. All the fees are listed. Any other questions my email & phone is listed on the site also.

Boolit Master

I've been a member for several years. The last time I renewed, I did so for 5 years. When that is up, I will evaluate whether I will be around for another 5 years. Over the past 20 years I've been able to acquire all the back issues that were published before I started subscribing. The first few years The Fouling Shot was just several sheets typewritten both sides. Those are very interesting to me because the subjects range all over the place.

Almost every issue now has an article by Ed Harris.

Much of the magazine is taken up with match reports. For the most part they are not very interesting to me. The match reports do have details about the rifles used along with molds etc. There is usually a report of a match for military surplus rifles. This can be an education in itself to see which milsurps are used and how well they do. I am not and never will be a match shooter but seeing which rifles are shooting good scores is an indication of which ones have the most potential for good accuracy.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master
    Like John, the BR competitions are just not my thing, but I do like to shoot and work with cast bullets. You will find match results on the web site that will show you what was used in competition, rifle models, calibers, mold numbers, alloy and all the other details that the winners used. The newer issues are listing the various ranges that have these competitions and might be closer to the visitor than you would think.

The Fouling Shot is available in digital form for all members at the same price since no postage adjustments are necessary. For folks like me, the hard copy is also available, with adjustments for US, Canada, and other countries. If you are not already a member, consider taking a look at the digital copy offer, then decide what will serve your needs best. It will not even cost you a stamp to take a look at The Fouling Shot.

Thank you David for getting this information out to more shooters that might be interested.

Boolit Master

Been a member for a number of years. Like here, it is another great source for cast bullet information.
    Not everyone can compete in the matches, in my case , there is simply no matches held within reasonable driving distance but there are the postal matches that anyone can compete in.
    Facta non verba

Steve, you are certainly welcome to join and will fit in well. Most people think the CBA is all about competition, and that is true to, but we have many members that just shoot handguns, some just hunt and the majority don't compete. But the CBA leads the way in cast bullet shooting innovation and holds the records of all national CB matches. We encourage our members to write about their experiences and every issue articles of interest to most everyone. One secret is the 500 page CBA book on cast bullet shooting by CBA member Joe Brennan & other CBA members, it is a wealth of information written by shooters with 100s of years of experience. If you don't find the CBA worth the cost of membership, you must be the ultimate expert on CB shooting.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I find the match reports and associated technical data sheets MOST interesting, as these give REAL WORLD data with actual performance obtained and details on the rifles and loads used, NOT "made up shooting with the computer keyboard" accompanied by unadulterated BS and unbelieveable claims...

On this forum I find most useful posts where people put up pictures of their fired targets. As far as I'm concerned, no pictures, it never happened! The only exception is where you have published score and group results fired at a match in front of witnesses!

And yes, while some issues of The Fouling Shot do have lots of space devoted to match results, not every issue does. If you have the patience to glean through those tables you will learn a lot. AND the Editor rewards the people not interested in match shooting with the wonderful mix of handgun, hunting, casting and non-competition-related articles.

There is usually something for everyone, and the material is of uniformly high quality. While the CBA does not "pay" for articles, the CBA Board has been known to reward "frequent contributors" of articles published in The Fouling Shot with free dues for a year or two, or in a few cases "Life" membership for outstanding contributions to the cast bullet literature. I find the quality of most Fouling Shot articles MUCH better than the common advertising "puff" pieces you find in news stand magazines. Glen Latham's style of editing will remind older readers of American Rifleman back in the old days when it was at its prime.

Bottom line, well worth the money!
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master

Been a member for many years. Well written with lots of good info, as already posted. Well worth being a member.

I would be interested in seeing something about your club. I didn't know it existed. johnsonvw1911@gmail.com
    Be careful,
    Victor

Life member NRA

The Fouling Shot is the only printed publication devoted to cast bullet shooting and has come a long way since its beginning over 40 years ago. With the recent addition of a slick, color, glossy cover, it is much more than a club or association newsletter.

Boolit Master
    I haven't competed since I was in high school and we shot postal matches. I am interested in the postal matches, as most of the competitions are quite aways for me as well. Does the CBA publish the postal match results?

Yes we do, in every Fouling Shot issue and as soon as the website has been revamped I believe on there again also.

Thanks for all that have joined the past couple days, but we welcome more.

Take advantage of the free issue of Fouling Shot magazine. Member articles have always been on the "cutting edge" of our boolit casting and very informative. Great to refer back to past articles when researching stuff.
    A deplorable that votes!

Boolit Grand Master

I have been a member of the Cast Bullet ***'n for many, many years. In fact, I just renewed my membership. I am also a contributor.

I have gained a good deal of REAL information of quality from the magazine as well as the web site over the years.

The low cost is a bargain in today's world...

FWIW
    Dale53

I am really glad to hear from so many current members and your great testimonials.

Boolit Master
    I just rejoined. My membership lapsed because I was too lazy to track down a checkbook. I just used Paypal this time.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

Chief
    I would like to take you up on the free digital copy of the fouling shot. I will PM you my email address. I recently signed up for a login for the forum discussion on CBA. Thanks for the offer.

wcp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast