RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: lyman decapping rods

Boolit Master

lyman decapping rods

Does anyone out there know if the parts and pieces Lyman currently sells for replacements interchangeable with the 310 decapping rods?

Thanks
    Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Grand Master
    Probably, but finding the right part number to order might be a bit of a challenge. What do you need, just the threaded rod that locks into the die and has a pin and lock nut on the other end, or do you want one of the size-specific ones more common on the TL Jr dies? I may have one of the former in my chowder box that could be spared.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Just looking to complete a few universal decapping chambers, I also have a few CMR dies that need decapping rods.

Scott
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

CMR dies have two size rods -- 395x30 body thread with 6x48 pin nut thread and 10/32 body thread with 6x48 pin nut thread --
    If the set has no expander die the rod will have the 6x48 threaded longer to accept the expander ball -

Boolit Grand Master
    Scott,

If you need that many, a call and order to Lyman will most probably be worth your while. I've had pretty good luck, but others have complained. I would look at the catalog (hard copy or online) and get the part number and diagram references for the current 310 dies all straight and in hand when I called and hope for the best.

Regards,
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Quote Originally Posted by dsh1106 View Post
    Just looking to complete a few universal decapping chambers, I also have a few CMR dies that need decapping rods.

Scott
    Let us know what you find please, I need a decapping pin for universal 310 die also.
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

YES I have a package of Lyman decapping pins ( because I bent one in my 50-70 die set ) and they are the same pin as in my 45-70 310 set. hope that helps.

hey, watch where ya point that thing!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by enfield View Post
    YES I have a package of Lyman decapping pins ( because I bent one in my 50-70 die set ) and they are the same pin as in my 45-70 310 set. hope that helps.
    Lyman decapping pins haven't change for a long time. The ones for the 310 dies are the same as for their 7/8 dies. Tru-line Jr CMR expanding button, standard Lyman item.

Lyman still makes 310 dies, in cowboy calibers, some parts are interchangeable with sets no longer in production.

And if you don't properly adjust the decapping rod, and it is too long, it will pretzel, like right now, and straightening them is nearly impossible.