Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision

Thread: Geo. Lowrence Holster

Boolit Master

Geo. Lowrence Holster

I acquired a George Lowrence holster, nothing spectacular. I know they went out of business sometime after 1980. Does anyone here have access or experience to help me find out what I have. The back is marked 25 over the logo, 45, NS, and 5 1/2 under it. It's plane jane, no basket weave etc., open at the bottom and stitched, not laced.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master

My pdf of the Geo Lawrence 1948 catalog shows design 25 as being plain, as you said, belt loop folded over the back and secured by a band around the holster just below the trigger guard. Safety strap is over the back of the trigger guard, below the grip. There is no size code listing in this catalog.

My separate size listing document has all three digit codes, so no help for your holster. However, the description of 45, NS and 5 1/2 fairly hollers Colt New Service 1917. Is the holster that big?

Go over on S&W Forum, they have chart listings for Lawrence.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    If fits a 5-1/2" Colt New Service .45 I would be interested. Can you post pics?
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.