MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mike dillon

Quote Originally Posted by hiram1 View Post
    It is with heavy hearts that we announce the passing of Mike Dillon. Mike left us on the morning of November 7th, 2016. He leaves behind a large family including wife Carol, sons Stephen and Christopher, daughter Stephanie, and 9 grandchildren. Mike’s legacy has touched the lives of countless people worldwide. He revolutionized the ammunition reloading industry and made it what it is today. Mike also redesigned and manufactured the M134 Minigun that is now in service in the United States and foreign military forces. As a passionate aviator, he worked for TWA as a 2nd officer for 13 years and later made a name for himself as a writer for Air Progress Magazine. He is recognized by some as being the one who started the warbird restoration movement in the 1960’s.
    Mike's dedication to his family, his customers, and this country was exemplary. We hope to continue the legacy that Mike Dillon worked so hard to build and we will never forget the impact that he has had on us all. We take comfort knowing he is flying in the blue skies of heaven above.

My first meetings with Mike (1989) as most that know me would know, is he answered and add and came and bought my entire HK-91 collection when I resided in Higley/Mesa AZ (Next to Falcon Field) when I switched weapons platforms. I smiled when we loaded his trunk and I looked down and he had two M-17 gas masks in it. I have had numerous long conversations "helicopter related" with Mr. Dillon at his old shop in the 80's. The Minigun venture was a longtime secret to most people. Unbeknownst to most, they originally wanted to set up shop at McDonnell Douglas (Higley/Mesa AZ Next to Falcon Field) transferring from GE in CA. The Latin engineer at Dillon designed the selector tray to give the pilot the choice of ordinance to send down range. He now has his own gig making bullet collimators.
    The 1050 will always be my favorite press.
    God speed and happy flying Little Birds in heaven Mike.
    Last edited by Just Duke; 05-02-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Boolit Master
    Saddened to hear this news on such a happy day.
    I am going to head out to the garage and reload a batch of 223 on my 550b in Mike's honor.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mjwcaster; 11-09-2016 at 03:28 PM.

Boolit Buddy

Damn good man, spoke to him on the phone once. He will be missed.
    Come and take them, Boolits first.
    Zombie hunter, Lic# 3006

Boolit Master

Mr. Dillon, Although I was converted more recent it didn't take long to see that your contributions were profound on our great hobby. May you rest in peace and your family find a way to carry on your great legacy.
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

I have owned my 550 for so many years I con't even remember when I bought it. I THINK it was upgraded from an earlier Model (450 to 550 to 550b?) and has loaded literally a couple of hundred thousand (or more) rounds. Mike shared a love of machine guns and he started his company for the same reason I bought my first Dillon progressive - to feed his machine guns.
    His philosophy of the "No BS Warranty" is true. I think the only thing left original on my press is the frame. Everything else has been replaced at one time or another (probably more than once) at NO CHARGE to me.
    My casting and reloading room is Dillon Blue. My blood is Dillon Blue. They have my loyalty for the rest of my days.
    Thanks Mike for your contribution. Now YOU can take advantage of the Good Lord's "No BS Warranty!"
    Rest in Peace. You are one of my heroes.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Banned

Sad day. Even if I never used his tools. I have bought stuff from him. He was a true shooter and knew what was best. He was a genius for sure and I hope it goes on.

He definitely left a mark on this Country's Military and the shooting sports. He will not be forgotten.

I'm sure any one of us would love to leave a legacy like his, but only a few will.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

I'll also add Vaughn, Mikes right hand man, told me when he was at my house for a primmer/ parts drop off, that Mike made his money in real estate and the reloading thing was just a side interest.

Boolit Master

RIP! Lots of blue stuff on my reloading bench. Condolences to the family. Big Boomer

Boolit Master

A man that lived HIS American dream and his presses will keep on helping us live ours ! Blessings on his family and keep his works going.

Boolit Grand Master

Sad. I have three of his reloading machines on benches now, have owned others.

RIP, sir.

Bravo Zulu.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12