View Poll Results: Another panic spree

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

104 85.25%
  • NO

18 14.75%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you expect another panic buying spree?

Banned

Do you expect another panic buying spree?

What do you think? Yes or no?

Banned
    I would have to say YES. I see another panic buying spree.

Ar parts and 22s will be gone again

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

As of yesterday at a gunshow in nw Ohio, there was no sign of panic buying and prices were still normal. I expect things to change after Tuesday.

Denny

I would say yes to a degree. But, I think most people are stocked up from last time. I know I have been stocking up since March. Nothing to crazy like a 1 lbs of powder and a 1000 primers here and there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Clinton gets elected...we might not have to worry about a panic buying spree. There might be confiscations of what we've got.

If she does get elected...yes there will be a MAJOR panic hoarding and buying spree.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by michael.birdsley View Post
    I would say yes to a degree. But, I think most people are stocked up from last time. I know I have been stocking up since March. Nothing to crazy like a 1 lbs of powder and a 1000 primers here and there

I do believe we are panic broke....with so many 'shortages' and 'panics' over the last 8 years I can't foresee increasing ammo spending any higher. Bulk shoppers will probably snap up the current primer inventory but I hope they are back to regular soon.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

I think most closets are full and credit cards maxed out from the last time.

I also having a feeling Trump will win.

Boolit Master
    Well shelves are empty around me. They weren't really ever full, but now they are empty of components and popular ammo. There are still ARs and Glocks behind the counter, but no real point in buying if you there isn't ammo. At this point I think everyone is just waiting to see what happens on Tuesday.

"I don't want men who miss." -Capt. Leander H. McNelly

Too early to tell........ask me again on Wednesday.
    NRA Benefactor

Depends on the outcome of the election. If Trump wins then business as usual I would suspect. Otherwise all hell will break loose.
    Keep moving forward!

Banned

I see the Clinton's threatened the FBI with death. But even a threat of your job loss is enough to turn a man. The FBI director fears either one.
    There will be panic if she gets in. She might not get past Congress easy but you will see executive action go out of sight. The list of those that die young will go up if you oppose her.
    We might see a revolution.

Allt he online places have raised their prices for black Friday, and to squeeze more money out of we the people
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Boolit Grand Master
    It will be the same people who did it last time, and are not prepared this time. I am holding off selling some of my stuff for that reason.

Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I can see a scenario where after the inauguration, on-line sales of firearms, ammunition and reloading components will be stopped by executive action and/or a Democrat controlled Congress if Clinton wins.

Clinton has an enemies list and the list starts with gun owners, the NRA, conservatives and pretty much anybody who ever opposed her. She will have her vengeance and the Constitution be damned.

I can see draconian restrictions on gun, ammunition and reloading components sales and a new assault weapons ban.

The road will get rocky from here if Clinton gets elected.

Boolit Master
    I never see AR's going through a panic mode again. After the last scare I seen people buy 10, 20, and even more than 30 lowers. That type of volume just cant be sustained for year after year. If you been watching the classifieds most will notice the bottom has dropped out of the used gun market over the last 6 months.

Bottom line is people only have so much cash to spend and most have already spent to much.
    East Tennessee

Where I live I will bet that ammo is gone by Wednesday if Hillary is elected. That's the main reason I reload, and am getting into casting. Hopefully by Christmas I'm up and going though, components are already more expensive than a few months ago...

First people have for the most part been stocking up for months if not years, at least the re-loaders have, and I think most that purchase ammo for competitive shooting have increased inventory on hand to deal with unreliable inventory available for purchase. So these people should be pretty well set. After all if you have been looking for a pound of 2400 for 3 months and find some you are probably going to buy one or two extra. So been plenty of normal human motivation to accumulate some extra in our own "pantry". Not to mention the purchase of something different during the worst of the shortages, that now sits in reserve since you can get your regular choice. S&B primers instead of CCI or Titegroup instead of Red Dot etc.

That leaves the clueless and hoarding/flipping buyers. To be fair there may have been some folks that wanted to increase stash but were not able to afford it in any meaningful amounts. But then many of those can't afford to drive a run either.

And of course those doing a bit of last minute "just in case" I'll pick up a couple more boxes of primers to go with the 10k I already have... But that said I was at Cabela's Dundee and they had powder with almost none sold out, and primers. There was one size of CCI gone from the shelf but still had CCI in most sizes, plus all sizes of S&B primers. I guess I could have asked if they had more of that size of CCI primer in stock but I don't need them so I didn't bother. I might have bought an 8# of Varget if they had any left but didn't feel the need to buy any more 1# Varget which they did have in stock. The price was $202 for the 8# so I might not have bought it even if they had it. I'm not low on it, but I do have an awful lot of .223 brass so having an awful lot of powder for them on hand sort of makes sense.

So some hit or miss, short term Out of Stock items as people scramble to buy last minute but most are prepared or as others have pointed out money already spent that can be spent to purchase a luxury item. Hard to justify "one more" gun or ammo purchase when you already have plenty.

Oh and I totally don't see any rapid change in the law as long as Republicans control the House of Representatives. If they retain control of the Senate then the most that the President can do is nibble around the edges of gun laws. Would have a hard time getting any proposed legislation out of committee. Or do you think Obama was pro-gun so he didn't want to pass gun regulations during the last 8 years? Hillary isn't much of a change in the whole dynamic of gun regulation, same base of voters as Obama, same general views on gun regulations. No better but then again no worse either. She will do "something" of little significance on her own or introduce a bill but it can and probably will be stopped in the Congress unless Democrats control both House and Senate.

As for a revolution? I'm thinking some people have some very weird fantasies, ones they might better keep to themselves. Otherwise people might think you are as weird as your wishful thinking.... of course hoping for a zombie apocalypse is perfectly acceptable, and reasonable, don't ya know.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Banned

Might be health care to cause the most stir. Get sick and die is the creed of demoncrats so they get the money for themselves. Billary will want the one health care system. What will vets get?

I don't think the panic buying ever stopped completely,but will accelerate starting Wednesday if the evil and corrupt witch wins.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast