Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Do you have a favorite rifle/pistol that no one would understand?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    I have a 308 bolt Mossberg 800 and it works great

I had an Uncle with one of those - I wonder what happened to that Revolver?
    I have a Wards westernfield 780, which basically a mossy 800, its a decent rifle nothing fancy, but man it shoots well.

[QUOTE=BigEyeBob;3837191]
    Quote Originally Posted by AbitNutz View Post
    We all own some rifles or pistols that gun folks would really admire. Maybe it's a stainless Colt Python or a pre-64 custom Winchester model 70. All gun people will ooh and ahh over those but do you have one that you prefer...love above all others that would draw a weird look from knowledgeable gun people?

Mine is a...wait for it...a Siamese Mauser action that has been rebarreled and reworked to 303 British.

The Siamese Mauser was designed to take rimmed cartridges with its slanted magazine box , its a fine soild action ,many were converted to 45/70 and were capable of handling heavy loads. The 303 British is a good cartridge and has been used to take big game with the 215gn solid projectile .
    I wish I still had the Siamese Mauser 30-40 Krag I built in high school!

Boolit Master

I have an old Cooey single shot 22lr. The stock warped badly at one time was missing the sight elevator. To make the story short I shortened the barrel got a stock and mounted an old 84mm Carl Gustav 2x scope on it. Still as accurate if not more, the reduced length makes it easier to carry in the woods.
    The rifles were a dime a dozen nothing fancy, but like this one had it a long time. I will donate it to a new shooter one day as it was given to me.
    Be well
    When you read the fine print you get an education
    when you ignore the fine print you get experience

Boolit Master
    I noticed that there are very few pictures.

I have a Great Western SAA in 45 that I cut the barrel down to 2 1/2 or so, and cut half the trigger guard off. Great hideout gun, but boy does it get looks of disgust.
    The rules of the range are simple at best, Should you venture in that habitat, Don't cuss a man's dog, be good to the cook, And don't mess with a cowboy's hat. ~ Baxter Black

Boolit Buddy
    Ive got an old .410 my dad gave me the stock is broken and it is missing some internals, no serial #'s or identifying marks of any kind it looks like an old savage pump to me. Its old and ugly and I don't know why I like it so much ,it will slam fire like a trench gun. Ive tried to get it repaired but local gunsmiths just said, "nope it aint worth fooling with".
    AR15 goes bang, AK47 goes bang, Mosin goes boom...

My Ruger P97 .45 with stainless slide painted black(because I don't care for two tone guns)-and the grip frame is stippled. But it's 100% reliable and shoots like a Gold Cup!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harter66 View Post
    Nobody gets a Carcano rebbl ..... Much less a wildcat .

7x6.8 Rem . 1-9.5 twist . 2-7x 32 Scout scope . Target crown . 6 rd clips . Pretty to look at . Shoots well . It's still a Carcano with that fish belly bottom metal and slotted rear ring.
    Did one in 6.5 Grendel, went from shooting a Foot of angle at 100 yards to less than an inch. Old barrel was a completely trashed 7.35mm.
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Banned
    i have three of them.

1. 30-30 win m94, it was my first gun.

2. 444 marlin tc encore in a 23" MGM barrel

3. 30-40 krag 1898 springfield armory, its been bubbasized.

about 25% of mine! I like old stuff and (nearly) obsolete cartridges. have to reload for most to afford to shoot them, or shoot them at all!

Boolit Master
    I have a Stevens Tip Up single shot pistol in 22lr made in about 1890 that is my favorite grouse gun. Accurate and weighs about 10 oz.

Boolit Master
    I turned a fairly beat up M27-3 Smiff into a .44 Russian using and new, old stock pinned .44 Special barrel. Had the smith drill my frame to pin the new barrel and black powder chamfer the cylinder. Then some 'bone' elk stags that I worked a long time on, fitting them to my hand. I figure if someone doesn't realize how cool this is, we don't really need to be friends anyway. I already have enough friends.
    Rule 303

I have a Siamese Mauser 45-70 express rifle I built, it is a hoot the shoot and very accurate, like a half inch at 100 with 300gr Rem JHPs. It will also thrash things at both ends with the right bullet and powder charge.
    Ed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45-70 Express LR Finished.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	182736
    "Let us speak courteously, fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Teddy Roosevelt, May 13, 1903

Boolit Buddy
    I have a S & W Model 52 (no dash). Had it since the early 80s. Just like everything about it. Shoots well, just feels good in my hand.

Perm-Banned
    i dont know if its missunderstood but my handgun says 38 special when it is a 45 long colt. i took the barrel of a uberti 45 long colt open top and the cylinder for it and put is on my open top 38 special. fits perfectly. i like the navy grips for the 45 long colt better and the army grips for the 38 special. uberti said they fit and the change would not hurt anything. both guns seem for ballanced to me. so if someone looks at my long colt and it says 38 special on the frame its not and its safe. my favorite of all my cowboy hand guns is this 45 long colt with the navy frame. the frame is steel but the grip stock is brass. if i had to defend my life that would be my go to gun, its fast and deadly accurate. hopefully 5 or 6 rounds is enough. thats my different gun.

Boolit Buddy

My favorite shooter right now is a Stevens break open 12 ga , that I bought at a flea market for a little of nothing , re finished it , nothing special about it , but I shoot the Agila 1 inch 12 ga. shells in it , it a great rat gun. I have a lot of nice rifles and pistols , but right now this in my favorite plinker.
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234