WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RCBS Pro Melt wow!!!

RCBS Pro Melt wow!!!

After 40 years with a Lee pot I got my hands on a 30+ year old Pro Melt. Im speachless. No drips, even temp, steady flow of lead and a wide flat Lyman style shelf. Ive never had it so easy. This is the way to cast bullets!
    R J Talley
    Teacher/James Madison Fellow

Boolit Master
    I love mine

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    They are very nice. I only suffered a Lee pot for 4 years before finding "the way" to a Pro-Melt. 'Love mine!
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

I really love mine. Had it for a long time now. Made a lot of boolits since I have had it.

Boolit Master
    I just got rid of a old Lyman Mag 20 before it died and got a new Pro Melt, works really great and a relief to know if I have a problem I will dealing with RCBS customer service.

Banned

ive got two of them. Love them. going back to a lee pot would be about like loading handgun ammo single stage again

Boolit Grand Master

They make a nice pot for sure.

It is so far and above the Lee pot it's hardly comparable. Just the access to the mold try and the ease of use is unbelievable. I have no experience with the Lyman Mag 25 but I do also have a WAAGE pot that I bought 15 years ago when I got into BPCR shooting. It's OK but dang, this RCBS pot is fast. I also have or have had, every one of the Lee pots and have worked to make them work. The RCBS pot is just so much better. I got this one in trade but I can buy a second one for under two bills if I want it. I'm trying to decide if I really need it that bad. To be fair, I cast several thousand bullets from a Lee pot so they do work. I just am shocked at how much superior the RCBS pot is. I've been casting since 1977 and thought I knew it all. I feel like a man who has just discovered air conditioning and the automatic transmission.

Right now I'm casting 750 grain Fosbury style paradox bullets and this pot really delivers the metal. I actually can cast faster than the mold can cool.
    Last edited by omgb; 11-07-2016 at 11:53 AM.
    R J Talley
    Teacher/James Madison Fellow

Boolit Buddy
    When my Saeco pot died last year I was upset. Then I (finally) followed my Dad's advice and got a Pro-Melt to replace it. Wish I had done it 20 years ago.
    What is best in life?
    1. Crush your enemies
    2. See them driven before you
    3. Hear the lamentations of their women

Boolit Master
    Ditto on the Pro Melt. Best pot on the market.

Midway has them on sale for $324.00 I bit the bullet and bought one.With all of the positive comments here and reviews at Midway had to have one. Had been considering another Lee,current Lee will get designated for a different alloy than my current Lyman #2 preference.

Boolit Master
    I've been considering a pro melt for awhile. Guess I have to get serious on it now.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    I've been considering a pro melt for awhile. Guess I have to get serious on it now.
    Watch for a good sale and rebate, mine came out decently priced that way. couldn't be happier with the product.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    Ditto what Derek said. If I am not mistaken RCBS still has a $75 rebate on a total of $300 spent. I cashed in on that earlier this year on multiple RCBS purchases, so that is a pretty good incentive.

I cast my first bullet over 50 years ago and have owned a lot of pots , my only regret is that I didn't have the Pro Melt from the beginning.

Boolit Bub
    I just finally ordered mine today from Midway. I know this sounds like an exaggeration, but I have had it in and out of the shopping cart at least half a dozen times :/

It is still on sale, and right now they have a shipping promotion for Veterans Day, Free shipping on $150+ order, and unlike most of their promotions, it can be used on sale, clearance, etc.

Type in
    VETSFREE2016

Comparing a $65 Lee with a $325 Pro Melt is sort of like putting a basic Chevy up against a top line Mercedes. Lot of folks don't buy a Mercedes as a first car for a reason. I did notice that the Pro Melt has better reviews than the Lyman Mag 25.

Me I ladle cast, I might at some point go with a bottom pour but.... don't hold your breath. I like dipping and hand pouring. Would be nice however to try drawing lead from the cleaner lead below the oxide top layer. May try it sometimes, doubt I'll start at the $300+ price point.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Yup, they are hard to beat. My thirty year plus old one finally broke it's "on/off" switch. A call to RCBS netted me a new one at no charge or questions. I'm the second owner of this one.

Boolit Grand Master
    Long time user of the Pro-Melt. I got mine NIB for $50 from a pawn shop c. 2003 or thereabouts. Among my best tools ever used.

Some of you might recall seeing Arthur Green's ads in "Handloader" for casting metal. I bought metal from him several times over the years, right from his little office in Beverly Hills. He had at least a half-dozen Pro-Melts on the floor of his office, and he used them to make his custom blends for many years.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Buddy
    One of youz guys post a picture of the valve please. Curious as to what it looks like, but not enough to cough up $325 to see for my self....

For those with old Lee Pots, mount them over the Pro Melt and use them to pre-melt your lead. It sure works slick and keeps you always with metal in hand. I throw my sprues in the upper pot and keep casting. The Pro Melt is just soooooo much better than the Lee.

Al $50. that is obscene! I am glad I bought mine when our dollar was higher against the US buck but the new price for one is...well it isn't $50. LOL

I just bought a Star with attachments and it will land at my door with a tag just north of $1,300Cdn. or a grand US$. %$#$%##$ Liberals and their deficit spending. Ah well you got to let the Queen breath and it sure will make life easier lubing.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast