Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What in tarnation

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell

What in tarnation

Is the deal with shipping .
    I order from NOE and have the package in hand before the pixles are dry even when I order late Saturday night ......
    I order on Sunday from Midway and get packages on Wednesday .
    I order from Numrich on Sunday , Tues I get a picking notice Thursday it's shipped but at 9 am local Friday tracking says it has a lable and should be picked some time today maybe .......
    Made more odd as the stuff from Numrich is supposed to be new bagged parts .

I'm not complaining if I were it would be about the UPS priority post thing really TN to Cal by UPS air the into a USPS truck to Reno ,Fallon and Babbitt ..... Nope just strange how 5 man shop doing 50-100 orders a day ,and all of the tooling ,phones and shipping does as well often better than a 100 man place doing 1000+ orders a day . Then the old timer awash in new used and inbound sort is so sloooww .

Just observation .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Me too, I ordered Sunday from Midway and had goods in hand Wed!

Banned

I'm still waiting for that whistle with the compass in the side.
    I sent 4 box tops and a quarter into the Quisp cereal company in 1968 and they said it would be 6-8 weeks.
    it's been almost 50 years now.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10645258_10202644777430996_6677837682821607460_n.jpg 
Views:	597 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	180077
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    NOE and Midway are always really fast with shipping. Other places seem to take their sweet time doing anything.

Numrich is notoriously slow,ordered last Sat. no "picking notice" or shipping notice yet. I am not impressed with any company that uses "Mail Innovation" starts with UPS to be handed off to USPS,painfully slow to WY.USPS to start with is fast just not with UPS hand off nonsense.

Boolit Master

numrich has always been painfully slow shipping. between that and the random quality of the parts they throw in your box, i use them as a last resort only.

I was looking for a particular item and found a kit for less than the parts ....

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

And to add a little more "what!" to the mix . I ordered a mtn mould on Tue with a 6-8 week time line ........PP says it will ship Monday ..... Wow ! That is just .... IDK ....WOW !

I can't believe that I can get a rifle assembled and get a 1 off custom mould for fit before I can get the parts to fix and finish the feed issues .

Here's one tbat will bug everyone. Ordered replacement cruise control pods for my '02 F150 on ebay and got the parts the next day! Unfortunately they were the wrong parts (for an Expedition) and company refused return or refund. Even though my specific vehicle was listed as one they fit he said too bad... I am responsible to know if they would fit and listed vehicles were "for reference only".

Transition Fords , gotta love em' .
    I've been through that mill a time or two .
    I had a friend with a no smog 302 hooked to a Cal/NY only transmission. It was in a 70 Toreno I think 69 parts all the way through except the transmission which only shows up in the books as a C5 71-73 .

Quote Originally Posted by Markbo View Post
    Here's one tbat will bug everyone. Ordered replacement cruise control pods for my '02 F150 on ebay and got the parts the next day! Unfortunately they were the wrong parts (for an Expedition) and company refused return or refund. Even though my specific vehicle was listed as one they fit he said too bad... I am responsible to know if they would fit and listed vehicles were "for reference only".
    Did you dispute with eBay? Give bad review?
    If PayPal, dispute with them? You will get your money back

Boolit Master

Couple of weeks ago I ordered a capacitor for our washing machine (Whirlpool) using a credit card (about the only way now-a-days). Cost with shipping was something like $ 65. That was on a Monday. On Wednesday, two days later, FedEx delivered the part. I had the washing machine reassembled and back in place a couple of hours later. Some outfits are really fast. Big Boomer

No matter the day of the week or time of day, I Never get anything from Midway in under 10 days. They are fast to send me the notice that it has shipped, but after that, snails take over. Where’s the salt shaker...
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and More Ammo

Boolit Grand Master

Midway is the last resort for me. Their shipping into Phoenix is slow for some reason. Then sometimes they turn it over to the USPS and it sets there for 3 to 5 days. This is even if I ask for it to come UPS all the way.
    Graf & Sons ships fast and at a very reasonable cost per order.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    I'm still waiting for that whistle with the compass in the side.
    I sent 4 box tops and a quarter into the Quisp cereal company in 1968 and they said it would be 6-8 weeks.
    it's been almost 50 years now.
    Some hurts and disappointments never go away!
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    Many years ago(Appx1986)ordered some engine parts for a rebuild I was doing.Ordered from P.A.W.out of Chatsworth Ca.Sent the order out on a Monday,and the following Monday UPS was knocking on my door with the parts.Now that`s good service.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Wood ,
    I recently ordered from Summit racing . It was after 6:30 pm Thursday night . I stepped out for about 45 min Friday morning, it was sitting on the step when I got back ....16 hr is pretty snappy .

I don't have the goodies yet but another bug stalled the project .

Missouri boolets were like two days and Nuts.com got to my house at 10 am Sat with order at around 11am on Fri.

Banned

I have stuff in 2 days at times and got a carb for a weed eater from China faster then Midway sent stuff.
    Big problem here is the USPS, a letter to go in town has to go to Baltimore first. Harpers ferry to Charles Town has to go through Baltimore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast