RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Giving it a try

Boolit Grand Master

Ive been using the rem 9 1/2 primers with swiss and Olde Ensford both with good results.

Quote Originally Posted by Don McDowell View Post
    Rp 91/2 primers seem to be the go to primer with OE.
    Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    Ive been using the rem 9 1/2 primers with swiss and Olde Ensford both with good results.
    Interesting, I've never found a BP load that was accurate with Remington Primers. May have to try them on the OE sometime.

I don't get anything I can call accuracy from Rem primers. I shot up a brick of 2-1/2 and one of 9-1/2 with OE and KIK and the vertical with a bunch of different ladder loads and granulations at times would not hold black on a SR target at 200. Used them in the .44-75, .44-90 St. .44-90 BN and the .45-90

Vendor Sponsor

You know - it is funny with this BPCR stuff.
    You ask ten people and you get ten different answers.

I've been using Rem 2-1/2 for my match loads unless the old rifle won't shoot them with out piercing them. The old large firing pins pop them. The 2-1/2 has a good track record winning for me.
    For the old rifles I substitute CCI large rifle Match. They are almost as good.

About the accuracy requirement.
    As Brent said, testing and just plain trigger time is a large help all on it's own so if you enjoy it - shoot a lot!
    As for me - some days the best rifle and ammo - even well proven, shoots low scores.

This was yesterday in the silhouette match here. The ground was frozen and sticks were not right. Lots of high winds above 20MPH. Bad shadows from the winter sun. I was shooting 4-5 moa high lows.

Excuses. Yes.

The rifle and ammo shoot fine but if I did not know it because I was kinda new to game, I would have thought it was back to drawing board!

As it was - it was just a winter day at the match and happy to get out and play. We take the good with the bad.
    BTW - scores were low for all.
    Chill Wills

Boolit Master
    I burned through a brick of Rem pistol primers in my .40-65 and I think they worked very well. I switched to Fed LP Match as they are much easier for me to get here.

Here is a nine shot, 200m prone target shot with them. It's just about a minute of angle and I think the first ( and one of the last ) times I've ever done that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shiloh-40-65-Saeco-small.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	187309

Edit: I should add, this was not with OE powder, but with Goex Express FFFg, still the best 200m load for this rifle.

Chris.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123