Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7mm Valykrie

Boolit Master

7mm Valykrie

Quote Originally Posted by vzerone View Post
    Do you agree our military will never go back to a walnut wood stock?
    Most certainly, I don’t think they should go back to wood. Just like I do not ever think LEOs will ever go back to revolvers. The world has moved on.

As a military rifle I personally think the M16/M4 is one of the best service rifles ever. The 5.56 round is a little light for some applications, but in general it is a good round/rifle that serves the majority of roles need. The M16/M4 also lends it self to a wide variety/diversity of troops. With training they are easy to maintain, and very reliable.

I have never understood the endless debate of AK vs M16. The M16 wins hands down! The early reliability issues with the M16 was a fault of bean counters at Washington that opted to issue rifles without cleaning kits and ammunition with cheap powder.

Most service members I have talked to like the M16/M4. If they have an opinion on the the 5.56 they seem to wish the military would go to 55gr bullets rather than the heavier 62gr+ bullets that theoretically tumble. Honestly though most troops don’t really seem to be gun guys/gals and have little or no opinion on the 5.56.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 2ndAmendmentNut; 11-03-2017 at 02:10 PM.
    "I don't want men who miss." -Capt. Leander H. McNelly

Banned

2nd's I like you, you're very easy to debate with. Like I've told other members if we went into Vietnam with the M16 and ammo of today things would have had a much different outcome. That is all except for the die hards that stick by the M14. They had reason to back during Vietnam as the M14 was perfected before that war, whereas the M16 was not. Now the M16 of today isn't radically different from the M16 back during Vietnam. They've beefed up the barrel, changed the stocks and forearms, put the forward assist on it, maybe better metal, definately a better rear sight. The ammo is of a better quality and I'm not discussing bullet weights. Today's soldiers are trained better on the M16 and their absolutely are cleaning tools and instructions for them that didn't exist on the first issue M16's in Vietnam.

Back in Vietnam I would think that the AK47 was a better more reliable rifle then the unrefined M16 we had. Today I would say it's hard for an AK 47 to beat a M16. Some will argue and say some of the better design AK are in the likes of Valmets and Galils. Don't get me wrong the AK is a very good system.

Who knows what our military will end up with in the future, but I'll bet the new to be old timers will be clamoring to have those M16s back.

I've always said that if the M14 is the end to all rifles and it's God's rifle, then why isn't our government making them again? If it's politics then why aren't all the branches of service breathing down their throats to get them to make it again? I love the M14, I love the Garand, and I love my AR's too!

Boolit Master

7mm Valykrie

I’ll agree with the majority of what you said, except I believe the end result of the Vietnam War would have been the same. America lost because of poor leadership at the highest levels.

Oh and say what you will, God’s caliber is the 44-40(WCF) with black powder.

Last edited by 2ndAmendmentNut; 11-03-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    "I don't want men who miss." -Capt. Leander H. McNelly

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentNut View Post
    I’ll agree with the majority of what you said, except I believe the end result of the Vietnam War would have been the same. America lost because of poor leadership at the highest levels.

Oh and say what you will, God’s caliber is the 44-40 with black powder.

I guess I stated it wrong, but by end results I mean how the M16 performed and the opinion of it back then.

Totally agree with us losing was political and protesters had much to do with it. We didn't lose on a warfare basis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12