Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Show me your battle rifle

Some of you fellows are downright paranoid! Any of these photos could have been taken years ago. Mine was taken about 2012 to compliment a magazine article I wrote, but I'll happily admit that I still own it. Me owning it and someone taking it are two very different things. Molon Labe. And if the opposition is too heavy, or you decide to tell them the boating accident story, then you'll be under suspicion a being an owner, afraid to take it out of hiding and use it, and no doubt charged as a criminal if found out. It won't do you, your family, or your neighbor any good if it's buried, and you can't take it to the range and enjoy it. The only realistic choices are that when the big ATF or HS dump truck with the goons comes to take your firearms you can (1) resist, or (2) help throw them on the pile in the back of the truck. All I can promise you is that if they come to my house to take my M1 first, there will be a couple less when they come to your house.

There are other ways that the burial idea can go astray also: Back in 1999, when the world was going to end with Y2K on Dec. 31st at midnight, a customer came into my shop and bought a brand new Chinese SKS. Kind of odd, I thought, as he already owned at least three of them. In 2001 he came back in (he was a regular and I saw him a couple of times a month) and bought another SKS. This time I asked him about it, and he said that in preparation for Y2K he had taken the one he purchased in 1999 along with a case of ammo and had buried it on a hillside in the forest on Forest Service land. Two years later since civilization hadn't ended, he decided to go back and dig it up. A couple of very large bulldozers had made a logging road around the hillside right where he had hidden it and pushed all of the dirt removed off the downhill side of the new road. He knew about where he had buried it, but it was now beneath tons of dirt and rocks, so other than a visual search he just gave up on it.

Boolit Master
    Jeez people I thought this was a 'battle rifle' thread, not a thread kr@p session.

Had to double check to verify that this thread was still the 'CB Loads / Military Rifles' subforum - I thought that there were other subforums here for b!+ching & complaining.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel4k View Post
    Jeez people I thought this was a 'battle rifle' thread, not a thread kr@p session.

Had to double check to verify that this thread was still the 'CB Loads / Military Rifles' subforum - I thought that there were other subforums here for b!+ching & complaining.
    Amen to that.

Here's another Springfield for the non paranoid. The Doughboy's uniform belonged to a Grandfather who served with the AEF in France. The weapons all date to WWI so they may very well have been "over there" and thus qualify as a battle rifle and pistol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Springfield 1903-1915-800-90%.jpg  
    Last edited by Scharfschuetze; 11-01-2016 at 09:00 PM.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Buddy
    My builds....

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Master

Sorry, I apologize. The ones who told us to not post pictures got on my nerves.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Very nice, Scharf. True collector (and shooter) items. Very nice examples of both firearms.

Coming this winter.
    I hope to have it done around Christmas.

Boolit Grand Master

This one's not DI

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    Coming this winter.
    I hope to have it done around Christmas.

Looks like a FAL that is waiting for an upper receiver.

Banned
    Springfield M1 Garand w/ Leupold 2.5x IER

Clickable 'thumbnails':
    Is that a aftermarket stock or just a original stock that has been redone to perfection?

Banned
    Looking at these pictures from those that aren't paranoid has me drooling in my coffee. Got to have a Israeli regular barrel rifle to go with my heavy barrel and then its going to be a Garrand and a M1A.

Hmm.. I thought Battle rifle is by definition a gun that uses "full power" caliber. Not .223 or similar "intermediate caliber"..

OK, here it is.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_rifle
    --------
    SISU

Banned
    What I actually thought people might respond with was their Garrands, M1's, M1A's, SKS, AK, FAl's and yes I consider the 5.56 as a battle rifle because it was used in Vietnam. However, I think any rifle your proud to own and show should be put in this thread. Heck..... post every rifle you are proud to own have owned or wish to own. Also, post pictures of those that have been lost while boating or other activities.

Banned
    With respect to post 52...... The 5.56 was used in Vietnam and thus would qualify in my mind as being or having been in battle.

Yes, I just wanted to point out, that "battle rifle" as a definition already exists.

http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/wh...-battle-rifle/ (scroll down a bit for "hall of fame of battle rifles").
    --------
    SISU

Boolit Buddy
    5.56 has been used SINCE Vietnam. That little varmint cartridge has been giving the enemy dirt naps for a long time. The M-16 and AR-15 civilian variants may not fall under the definition assigned by Wikipedia, but the M-16 has most certainly proved herself in battle over, and over, and over again. Same for the AR-10. I will have to post pictures when I get home, but I keep an iron sighted AR-15 and a Colt AR 901-16S in 7.62X51 with a 4-16 scope for turning cover into concealment.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    Smoke, your pic already gave away that you live just up I-20 from me. Bet I could ask around Madison and find you! Can I come play with your toys? Please?
    Actually live in NC ..
    That pic was taken around 2004 when we were doing a Machine gun shoot on (IIRC) the #7 tank range at Fort Gordon GA
    it was a limited invite only event and all proceeds went to helping soldiers families
    It was a Blast .. had some of the MPs hooting and hollering as I was shooting a Serbu 50 BMG Carbine off hand and landing APITs inside the commanders hatch opening at 600+ yds (tank was sitting on downward incline nose 45degrees toward us )
    I could get 3 shots and had to put it down and rest the arms a few minutes then start up again
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master

U.S. Magazine Rifle Model of 1898.Attachment 179917
    Fact: Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Boolit Master

Battle Rifles

Some "Battle Rifles" from the 19th Century. 50/70s and 45/70s. All are good shooters with good bores and proper sights and cartouhes for their year of issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Springfields 1-800-90%.jpg  
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Is that a aftermarket stock or just a original stock that has been redone to perfection?
    Nope, just a postwar stock on a Jan 1965 SA rebuild, from SA to the CMP to me via luck-of-the-draw; all I did was take off the excess cosmoline.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast