MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thinking about a turret press.

Over the past 15 years I've owned 2 pickup trucks. One a Ford and the other a GMC. The Ford for 8 years gave me great service, the GMC has been nothing but problems, break-downs and is already rusting. So by the comments made here about presses I would have to say all GMC trucks are a pile of junk. I mean after-all that is my personal experience.

I agree Lee is a good way to test the water...

Quote Originally Posted by dikman View Post
    The Lee Classic turret isn't that expensive and will let you load much quicker than using a single stage. It's the next logical step without the potential problems a progressive can cause.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by r1kk1 View Post
    The next time your in New Mexico come on over and feel free to use any of my equipment. See for yourself. Nothing magical. Just a clean press ready to work. I have friends that go to Tennessee every year for some machine gun shoot. They stop by either going or coming from there for food, rest and reloading. When I had the SD, one of the sons crank ammo on it, another on my machine and the dad used by buddies case feeder monster or a friend down the road the Pro 2000. None with priming issues. I swear my reloading room goes day and night when they are here. I watch them unload sleeves of primers from the truck and ammo cans of brass and condom boolits come into the room. They return to their home just in time to work. If I go through two sleeves of primers a month I feel I've done a lot, nothing compared to those guys or some on this forum who have done a million through their 1050. I'm lucky to go through a sleeve a month right now being on the road. A half through a single stage and the rest through a progressive.

Right now I'm on assignment in Arkansas and testing the Hornady Iron press kit. I have a few things from Dan to upgrade the Hornady kit.

take care

r1kk1
    No disrespect meant! It's just when a progressive has problems it's the priming system. And I just pull my hair out over it. To the point I brass prep off the progressive and only prime of the case has already been deprived and sized. Or I feel lucky.

the best priming system, IMHO, is the RCBS APS. Strips are easier for me to mess with instead of the tubes.
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Banned

After years of RCBS Jr then the Rockchucker I got the RCBS turret. My 5 yo grandson and I deprime off line, ss tumble, then the grandson and I use ram priming system to prime. Once I hit the turret I'm sizing, charging, seating and crimping. The best for me is I'm getting a complete boolit each time.

Now I know some on here shoot ALOT. I've never been in this for speed. I enjoy every aspect of casting and reloading. The more time I can spend on it the better.

Go Green! RCBS is the bomb.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Red View Post
    No disrespect meant! It's just when a progressive has problems it's the priming system. And I just pull my hair out over it. To the point I brass prep off the progressive and only prime of the case has already been deprived and sized. Or I feel lucky.

the best priming system, IMHO, is the RCBS APS. Strips are easier for me to mess with instead of the tubes.
    No disrespect or anything taken lefty. I'm looking hard at a 650 for the casefeeder and GSI bullet feeder. As jmorris pointed out it's a very reliable priming system. Until then mine cranks ammo out fine. My only complaint about progressives is the lack of custom shellplates. I wish I could get one for the 500 Linebaugh for the 650. Worse comes to worse, I will continue to load these on the 550 plus the 405 Winchester wildcats I have.

Take care

r1kk1