Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Congrats to fellow member Malcolm

In Remembrance

Congrats to fellow member Malcolm

Congrats to fellow member Malcolm on his marriage to Lavern today. Brave man to start a new chapter in life at age 77.

Boolit Master

Starting a new life, God's best blessings on both.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master
    You're never too old for love.

Congratulations sir. Best wishes for you and your bride's happiness.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

YOU GO 77 .. I only hope I make it long congrats ..
    Dave Biesenbach
    port charlotte fl

Moderator Emeritus

God's blessings to Malcolm and Laverne! Everyone has a future. Even a 12 yr. old may die today before sundown, and a 77 yr. old may have 20 yrs. or more left in them. More are going to live to be 100 than we think, if Obamacare doesn't kill us ALL off. After the hurricane, I met one fellow who was 77 and had a beautiful home and business on St. Simon's Isl, near Brunswick, Ga., down not far from the FL line. He said he'd called friends and was told his whole home and the docks he'd built so lovingly was just gone - totally not there at all any more. But they guy was as cheerful and positive in attitude as anyone I was on the whole trip up and back. Now THAT is a REAL man!!! And he was an old Viet Nam vet like myself, and we found we were sympatico on just about everything. I was humbled by this very fine man, and inspired.

As has been said before, the best time to start really living life is RIGHT NOW. I'm 10 years behind him and still know an awful lot of folks who didn't get as far as I am now. Like Churchill said the the Brits during WWII, "Never give up! Never, never, never, never, never EVER give up!" Somehow, I suspect most of us here would be envious of the happiness and satisfaction and joy these two have in life today! Good goin', you two! May your joy be never ending, and your pathway be as straight and easy as a walk on the beach!

Boolit Buddy
    A great big CONGRATULATIONS!!

In Remembrance

I will pass on your comments as he doesn't have internet in their new place. It is really in the boonies. He will have to go to the library to use their computer.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    You're never too old for love.

Congratulations sir. Best wishes for you and your bride's happiness.
    Took the words out of my mouth Smokey!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    I read the post to Gail and she said "Way to go Malcom"! I second that!
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master

Another Way To Go!
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Whatever the age, do what you want, where you want and with whom you want. Everybody is going to die sometime, somewhere with somebody, so it might as well be on your terms.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Moderator Emeritus

Doesn't matter if he has internet or not. God knows where he lives, and that's what matters. Tell 'em they've inspired me!

Best wishes to Malcolm and Lavern, hoping for much happiness.
    "Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him, he ain't wrong he's just different and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right"
    Ed Bruce

Boolit Buddy
    Well done sir,as an aside the anniversary will be easy to remember,10/22 one of Bill Ruger,s best sellers!!!!Mine is 7/11,no excuse to forget that date either..All the very best.,Mike

In Remembrance

Mine is April 1. Never forget as some will say APRIL's fool early in the day. It would have been a week earlier but the U S Army decided I needed guard duty instead of the pass I had arranged.

Congratulation and my your new live together be ever so good.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

In Remembrance

I talked to Malcolm by phone Friday while he was close enough to get a signal. He said thanks to you all and life is good. He married a good woman.