Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Crunch ....Well Darn

Boolit Master

Angry Crunch ....Well Darn

Wednesday I had another out of town Doctors appointment
    So my lady drove me to it in my Escape

9:30 appointment and got into the room early .... by just after 10 am

Then the wait for the MRI

So a little after 2 PM we were headed home and non of the trucks on I 75 wanted to run us over that day

Got onto the exit ramp and had to wait for a traffic light
    When the light turned green 2 semi's went around a Excursion that was just sitting at the light
    We pulled up to it and were about to go around it when it's back up lights came on and it backed up into my Escape

It hit us at 10 MPH or so , but it's ball hitch found my grill ... now there is a small hole in the raidator
    Hood is kinked and the bumper cover is broken

But we were unhurt , just a bit mad

She gets out to talk to the guy and comes back and calls 911 as he is slumped over out cold

Cops and EMS show up in a few min and they get him out and start working on him

We get ask 5 or 6 times at least if we are OK as we wait

The cops tell us he was almost dead , most likely a Meth overdose
    Later we see them looking a box with folded up 1 dollar bills in it
    Each 1 dollar bill had Meth folded up in it

Collage Id on him , 2 drivers license in the box .... different names on all 3 , but his picture and the one cops said they all looked to be fake

Called the insurance company and give them the info I had

Friday I get a call from my insurance agent and get told the Excursion was stolen from out of state over 6 months ago
    The plates were stolen off of a pickup truck 200 miles away

So as far as he new , there was no insurance on the Excursion
    So he told me it was most likely best to start the claim as a uninsured driver ....so I am out $500 deductable for now
    And they would go after the driver for all damages to my Escape , rental till it is fixed , the $500 deductable and anything else costs they would have

One good ( SMALL ) thing , there was a small scratch on the hood
    So I will not have to get the scratch painted LOL

Oh well
    On the bright side we were not hurt and got to see how some of our tax dollars are spent

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Master
    That sucks John.

Glad you were not hurt - I had an idiot back into me and have had pain ever since.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

John maybe this will fix your migrains.LOL It is amazing what happens at stop lights. It is great that no one was hurt, other than nerves.
    CD
    When you find you are in deep trouble, look straight ahead,keep your mouth shut, and say nothing.

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards

Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Grand Master

JohnCh Im sorry to hear about the accident but am overjoyed that neither you or your freind was injured. Hope it works out in the end. Its a pain at times to deal with but a good agent can take care of most of it for you. Walking away is what is important here.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Look at it this way John . . . at least neither you or your driver wee hurt . . . and it's proably was good the guy passed out (sorry, but I have absolutely no sympathy for meth heqds). it could have been much worse . . .he could have been cranked up and had a gun and gone after you or your driver.

Back when I was a Deputy I was working off duty at a car lot one night. I watched a car come down the feeder road and turn into the side road by the lot. Now that got my attention right there since there was nothing open down that way at that time of night and no homes. He turned around and stopped at the stop sign to pull back onto the feeder road. After quite a while of him just sitting there I figured some thing was up and went to investigate. When I got to the drivers window I could see he had stopped to roll a joint and passed out and dropped it in his lap. There was a open container of been in the console and the car was running and in gear with only his foot keeping it from rolling out into traffic. I called some on duty units to come and shut down the feeder before we woke him and took him out of the car and bundled him up for delivery to the booking desk. Luckily between him keeping his foot on the brake and a officer reaching in and shutting off the ignition it never rolled out into the road.
    Last edited by Boolit_Head; 10-23-2016 at 09:16 AM.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

I'm sorry to hear this but the main thing is nobody was hurt. Hopefully your insurance will take care of you, that's why we all have it anyway. My son rear ended a guy a few months ago on a learner's permit. Fortunately I have a good policy with USAA who took care of my car as well as the other driver. My son is still shaken up but accidents can happen to anybody. Again glad nobody was hurt.
    Keep moving forward!