RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingWideners
RepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee Precision

Thread: weaver t24 target scopes

Banned

weaver t24 target scopes

anybody use one of these how are they?

Boolit Master
    I don't know about the T-24, but I do own 4 of the T-36 scopes, and a T-10. The T-36 scopes are a very good value for the money.

Boolit Grand Master

A good value for the money as most weaver scopes are. Some dislike weaver but I've always had good service out of mine.

Boolit Master
    I was comparing my Weaver T-36 with .3 power BulzEyePro power booster that boosted the power to 47.5 power, against a Nightforce 12-42X56mm benchrest scope and there was a slightly better picture with the Nightforce. The Weaver T-36 I was able to buy new for $379 and the Nightforce costs about $1248. The Weaver is the first scope I would recommend to buy, the next step up is at least $1000 or more, save your money.

Banned
    Yeah Doc I have looked at this weaver I have a Swarovski that my dad gave me and its gotta be 35 years old or more but the optics are getting a little cloudy that weaver was bright and the price isn't bad either think it might be the way to go. I appreciate the input from you guys as I was all ways an iron sight guy until I hit 60 now I need glasses to find the paper in the driveway.

Boolit Master

I like my weaver T6 and have run a T10 - just make sure you look at that Weaver T24 and see if that dot and 1/8moa adjustments are want you want. Myself, I don't like the 1/8moa dot and I believe the Weaver with 1/8 clicks doesn't adjust as far that the other scopes with 1/4moa adjustments.

The Weaver is a great value but the Night Force with the 56mm objective is a hands down better scope if you have a need for such a scope considering the price. Doc may have a slightly different meaning to the term "slightly" Years back the T-6 was the scope of choice among the hunter unlimited division class but Leupold came to our aid with a much lighter 6X scope, so most switched over but their T-Series has always been highly regarded.

The 40mm objective is the only draw back in today's world - but it sure was great prior having larger objectives.

Boolit Master
    The Weaver T-36 weighs 17oz. and the Nightforce 12-42x56mm weighs 36oz. and they both have about the same adjustment for windage and elevation. The person that owns the Nightforce scope also agreed that it was not a huge difference but that it was slightly better then my Weaver T-36, this comparison was also done about 5PM with the targets in the shade at a distance of 100 yards.

Banned
    Yeah I think I will go with the weaver its in stock at the store right now and I can install it today and hopefully get it sighted too. Many thanks to everybody who contributed comments I haven't bought a new scope in over 10 years and all my old scopes are 20-35 plus years old.

Even when they were made in El Paso the Weaver T series were top shelf. Used one for years on a custom 22-250. Got my first 400yd prairie dog with that rifle and a steel T-10. Best, Thomas.

I hope you guys are right about the Weaver T36. I just ordered one from Midway for my bench rest rifle.
    I have been using a Bushnell Banner 6x24 which has worked ok but I need a better view.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    I hope you guys are right about the Weaver T36. I just ordered one from Midway for my bench rest rifle.
    I have been using a Bushnell Banner 6x24 which has worked ok but I need a better view.
    I'm sure it'll work just fine for you. Let us know how you like it

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    That's a borderline scope power for outdoor use, as most days will kick hell out of you relative to mirage. I've found 32X to be about right, as very few days will wash out a 32X scope. Your area may be much better than the areas I shot in relative to mirage problems, but if you have mirage, that 36X will definitely "read" it. If you don't - then you'll love that T36.

Own 4 Weaver T36s / 1/8dot ... all mounted on my 22LR target rifles ... we shoot out to 22yards and they are great for this purpose ...

With a 36 power at 20-25 yards, I'll bet the 22lr bullet holes look like bomb craters.

I got the Weaver T36 today.
    Midway got the scope to me in 2 days. I installed it on my rifle today and went to the range.
    You can really aim precisely with the 1/8 moa dot. I didn't have any trouble seeing the crosshairs or the dot in the scope after I took the time to focus it for my eyes.
    The adjustments were tracking exactly what they were supposed to be for me. I didn't do a square test but I did adjust for a different weight bullet and back. That worked exactly as it should have.
    The power worked out to be exactly what I need for what I am doing.
    So far it has been excellent.

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN8838.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	179914Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN8835.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	179915I have at least 4 Weaver T-36 scopes. Here are 2 of them.

Boolit Bub
    The T24 is equally good for the money.