Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
WidenersLoad DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2

Thread: Lost Load Data -Lee 1oz Slug

Boolit Buddy

Lost Load Data -Lee 1oz Slug

I just shot some slugs that I had loaded last year and I cannot find the data I used. No notes, not in my "book"

Known components were:

Rem Gun Club Hulls
    WIN 209 Primers
    Windjammer Wad
    Lee 1 oz slug
    19.0 gns powder

I think the powder is Green Dot. I cut one shell open and dumped the powder. When I used my Lee Dippers to check the volume, I came real close to Green Dot on the chart.

The only powders I might have used are Green Dot, Red Dot, and Possibly 700x.

Of course they were darn accurate at 75 yds. I have no idea where I might have gotten the data from, but I know it was not on the lee chart that came with the mold.

Boolit Grand Master

Did the powder have green or red "dots" in it? The "dot" powders have coloured dots to identify them. 700X does not.

Boolit Buddy
    No visible dots, but neither does my green dot. Shook a bunch out of the container and no green flakes. It is an old container, but was unopened when I got it. Maybe the green fades or gets lost with age?

I think ink I will just measure each of the powders by weight AND volume to determine the powder I used.

In Remembrance

If you loaded the shells using the load data that came with the mold from LEE perhaps you could get a copy of that data sheet from someone here on the site that still has it.Robert

It is on Lee's web site.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    If you loaded the shells using the load data that came with the mold from LEE perhaps you could get a copy of that data sheet from someone here on the site that still has it.Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
    It is on Lee's web site.
    Yes, and it is in my reloading bench. Problem is, it was not a load that Lee published with the mold data.

Boolit Grand Master

All my "dot" powder has quite visible dots. Maybe they do fade with age. I really don't know as my Blue Dot and Green Dot have very obvious dots throughout.

Boolit Buddy
    I am concerned about a dot powder without colored dots. I have used 30 year old dots that were still obviously a "dot" powder. The color was less bright due to graphite adhering to the colored flakes but the color was still obvious. Switching gears .....any of those powders are in the safe realm with 19 grains in 12 gauge with a 1 oz slug and just about any wad/hull/ primer.
    Cast is an adjective, a noun and a verb. Cast works as both imperative and past tense without any additional letters or helping verbs.

Banned

Clay dot powder????????

Boolit Mold
    My notes say that 19 gr. Green Dot with the above components except a WW hull gives 1100 FPS and good accuracy.

Boolit Buddy
    Based on volume/weight comparisons, the powder is green dot. And I looked at the powder in a better light and saw a few green dots.

Loaded up another batch at 19 gns, and a second at 20. Will see how they shoot this weekend.