Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I get the idiot award for the day

Boolit Master

I'll see your stupid and raise you a scope cut; my one and only scope cut came from a t/c encore with magnum type loads, new scope new rifle did not tighten rings down after bore sighting, second shot it slide back in the rings and busted my nose wide open, so don't feel to bad; I did as my nose was already broken.

As long as anyone is confessing last week I was loading up a couple of 1911s for a range trip. One 9mm + one .45 so I took everything out of my range bag to make sure I had the right magazines. Got all loaded up, made it to the range, got all set up, lets shoot.

DOH! I forgot my ammo. I had taken the bag out getting set up and left it sitting on the counter.

Boolit Master

Well, you could have not noticed, blamed it on the scope and bought another.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    I had a student show up for a CCW re-qualification shoot. He forgot his magazine for his pistol. Not very practical, but he shot the course of fire, single shot. He carpooled to class with four of his buddies. I would of like to have been in the car for the ride home, just to hear the comments......

Boolit Grand Master
    On the plus side, it will be a long time before you forget to tighten the scope screws again...

I can't tell you just how long that will be; I am still reminded of it every single time I put a different scope on a rifle.

Robert

Boolit Buddy
    Well, I would have sighted it in the other day but I'm embarrassed to admit that I left the house with the magazine on the counter lol

If you're doing something and haven't screwed up, then you aren't trying hard enough

Well...... I haven't done anything wrong........ In the last couple on minutes. At least I don't think I have.

Leon

Banned

I'd say the day was a success your end goal is just a little further down the road.
    you know your ammo works, and that's enough of a reason for a range trip any time.
    so the way I look at it is your just being prudent in your load development.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Or the people that don't do anything.
    Old boss used to say if you haven't screwed up anything important it's because you don't do anything important.
    I like this too!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

If that's the worst you ever do, you are a fortunate man...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    Loaded several magazines and headed for the range. Discovered that the magazines fit ok, but the 6.5 Grendel won't chamber in a 5.56.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Boolit Buddy

The plus is that now you know the ammo will run the rifle. It is miserable to find out at the range the ammo won't run. That is a wasted trip.

Boolit Grand Master

Not a completely wasted trip. Beats being at work. The rifle
    functioned well.

My go to load for all my 300 BO is a 110gr Vmax (or ZMax) with a full load of 296. Sub MOA out to 200 yards, the furthest I've had on paper with my Sig M400 Hunter model.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Markbo View Post
    As long as anyone is confessing last week I was loading up a couple of 1911s for a range trip. One 9mm + one .45 so I took everything out of my range bag to make sure I had the right magazines. Got all loaded up, made it to the range, got all set up, lets shoot.

DOH! I forgot my ammo. I had taken the bag out getting set up and left it sitting on the counter.
    I've done that....usually the bag of ammo/loads I've wanted to test gets left behind and I end up just shooting my normal rounds .
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

In Remembrance
    I thought you were going to say that you took the rifle out to check it, set it down while putting up fresh targets, and now you can't find it because of the camoflage.
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by montana_charlie View Post
    I thought you were going to say that you took the rifle out to check it, set it down while putting up fresh targets, and now you can't find it because of the camoflage.
    That would have killed me. I have some money in that thing. Black hole weaponry barrel, pws muzzle brake, and geissele trigger.

Moderator Emeritus

Somehow, I suspect I'm not the only one sitting reading this who is wearing a chagrinned smile. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt, etc., etc., etc. Thanks for making us all feel better about our own humanity, and our tendency to err. Ain't this modern world sumthin'!

Vendor Sponsor

Small setback .. Rifle works , you are OK, Its OK
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Don't feel bad -- did the same thing yesterday!! Went home scratching my head and decided to take the scope off -- loose as a goose!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast