WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Unique Loads in the .357 mag?

Boolit Buddy
    Glad to see my old post getting some use!!

I also have the Lee 105 (drops about 112g) and the 125 RNFP (drops at about 130) both for a hodge podge alloy. I've only used both in .38 spl. That 125g should be nice at 7g of unique. That little 105-swc is my FAVORITE .38 spl bullet over small loads of bullseye, tack driver.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Banned
    I like 6.8 gr if Unique in my 357 loads, revolver and rifle. But I don't remember loading 125 bullets even though I cast a lot of them.

With the Lee 158 gr RF bullet 6.8 gr of Unique is awesome.

Best of luck,

Steve in N CA

Boolit Master
    i use 8gr true blue meters better and cleaner.similar burn rate.

Banned

You'd be safe to go as high as 8.5 grains of Unique with that bullet weight, but if it were me, I'd start at about seven grains and work up slowly until I found what I wanted.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the replys.
    Will load some starting at 6.5 and work up
    I am using ww with a touch of tin.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200310_115604.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	258324
    Here's a couple of 105s I recovered at the range.supprised at how well the ford blue stuck.
    Guess I have to thank Elvis and fortune cookie on YouTube for there vids.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Porous casting View Post
    Dragging up an old thread ,new to casting, Have bought lee 105 swc and 125 rf.to use in gp100 357 6"and sti spartan 9mm.
    have unique and wsf powders and a new bottle of aps350,
    have been shooting with around 4g with wsf in the 9mm and unique with 38spcl .
    wondering on loading up some stouter loads in 357 cases with the 125 rf (around 128g drop)
    have been powder coating with Eastwood powders. But usualy spray with lanotec when I size them
    I have been thinking about 6 or 7 grains of unique.(would like to get a 357 rifle also)

any help /pointers would be great.
    For years, my IPSC and everything load from Smith & Wesson 586 and Ruger GP100 4" revolvers...5.5 Unique 150-158 gr. SWC. mostly the RCBS 150 K mould, 357 brass, standard primers...chrono'ed 860 fps, although I thought that may be a little low...Cast from what I hopefully thought of as Lyman #2...~15 BHN. Mine were probably somewhat softer, mixed on my Coleman camp stove, and TLAR (that looks about right) mixture..."O.K., got the wheelweights, now how much 50 50 solder?" lubed with the red goo Lee included with its sizing kit. Whatever, they worked great, little to no leading, accurate, pleasant to shoot. I have been tempted to go to 6 gr. of Unique, and one day I may.
    IT IS A FINE AND PLEASANT MADNESS !

I've been loading 6.0gr of Unique using an Ideal 357446 mould sized to .358 for several years now with great success. I took my first ever pistol kill with it. Shot a javalina at 23yds right behind the ear. DRT son! If I recall correctly, my 6" M686 shoots this pills at about 1100fps. I can easily print a 1" group at 20yds with this load. It's very low recoil and a pleasure to shoot.
    In Christ,

JC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234