Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: boolit feeder question

Boolit Buddy

boolit feeder question

does anyone make an extended tube? mine holds ten .44 cal 250 grainers for example b4 i have to refill. 25 would be better. thanks
    ROF....Retired Old Fart
    Lincoln freed the slaves, obama freed the terrorists
    the wishbone will never replace the backbone

I use polycarbonate tubes that hold about 50 bullets on mine. For the .44's, you'll want 1/2" ID x 5/8" OD tubes. There are other types of tubes, like rigid plastic pipe that work, as long as they're the dimensions above, but the clear tubes work so you can see the level of the bullets. I normally cut my tubes at roughly 36" in length. Any longer and the column of bullets gets too heaving and binds up the slide on the bullet feeder.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ReloaderFred View Post
    I use polycarbonate tubes that hold about 50 bullets on mine. For the .44's, you'll want 1/2" ID x 5/8" OD tubes. There are other types of tubes, like rigid plastic pipe that work, as long as they're the dimensions above, but the clear tubes work so you can see the level of the bullets. I normally cut my tubes at roughly 36" in length. Any longer and the column of bullets gets too heaving and binds up the slide on the bullet feeder.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    great! and where does one find a polycarbonate store? i live in the country and we don't have those. if we did it would close at 5 pm like the gas station does!! do you also happen to have the diminsions for .45acp and .40 cal? thank you
    ROF....Retired Old Fart

Boolit Buddy
    never mind. google was my friend. would still appreciate the diminsions for the 45 and 40 if u have em. thanks
    ROF....Retired Old Fart

The Lee multi tube adapter comes with 8 of them and even a little turret you can rotate to the next one for $20.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/668...feeder-adapter

I use the same tubes for .40, .44 and .45 bullets. I use smaller tubes for .38/9mm bullets for the feeder, but they required an adaptor for the sleeve, or you can wrap the mouth of the tubes with tape to make them the right size to be held securely in the sleeve. For .32 caliber bullets, I just feed those by hand into one of my Stars that's set up for them. I also hand feed short .38 bullets, along with .45-70 bullets.

It's kind of a wash as to speed when you consider the time it takes to fill the tubes by hand. I've got boxes and boxes of bullet tubes, and if I'm in the mood to use them, I'll fill them while watching the two idiots running for President trade lies with each other. The tubes do make the actual sizing/lubing go much faster, but the overall time involved is about the same either way.

Zoro.com is one place to buy tubes, and there are others. The good thing about Zoro is any purchase over $50.00 ships for free, and it's easy to make a $50.00 purchase with them, since they're owned by Grainger and carry about the same inventory, only a little cheaper. Zoro is the cheapest place I've found to buy a 40 pound bag of ground corn cob for brass tumbling, and free shipping makes it even better.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Buddy
    it do. thanks
    ROF....Retired Old Fart