RepackboxReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What women have taught me!

Quote Originally Posted by Four-Sixty View Post
    Take a year off from the ladies. Get to know yourself, and your friends again. Take care of your needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    If a man has recurring problems with women, it might be time to take a look at the constant in the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by corbinace View Post
    Wishing you a better day tomorrow. Don't do anything irreversible tonight.

Sage advice and ditto on a better tomorrow.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by gandydancer View Post
    But oh what a sad world with out them.
    Truth!!!!

Vendor Sponsor

Can't live with 'em can't live without 'em can't park 'em by the curb when you're done with 'em..

Married and divorced twice, with gobs of girlfriends before between and after those marriages. Never cheated, got cheated on a time or two but don't we all?

It sorta goes like this.. The first rule, ALL the good ones are taken. So if you find one that appears to be a good one, best look real close at why they ain't currently taken.

The second rule, believe NONE of what you hear and only half of what you see. That way you can listen for that calm inner voice that tends to be right more times than we want it to be.

The third rule is that there isn't any third rule because it is not that complicated.

I have come to the realization that we have to become, that which we deserve. Meaning if you want somebody good, then BE somebody good.

Carry on!
    Last edited by DougGuy; 10-16-2016 at 09:47 AM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Can't park 'em by the curb when you're done with 'em..
    Actually, you can. It's the cost that needs to be figured in. Therein lies the rub.

Hard for some of us to imagine but ever think the problem might be you?
    Keep moving forward!

Banned
    While I believe that men and women think differently the bottom line is that people are people.

Both genders have a tendency to lump all of the members of the opposite gender into one group. Anytime you make broad sweeping generalizations about ANY group of people you are bound to make some mistakes.

We see both good and bad traits in other people all of the time and each of us has good and bad traits as well. When you identify a bad trait in another person (or think you have), you can't honestly ascribe that trait to all of the other members that occupy that same group.

Boolit Master
    No keepers, you may be fishing in the wrong pond.

Moderator Emeritus

In the early 90's, a older co-worker (who was single and I believe he died that way?) told me, he was looking for a woman who solved more problems than she created. When I recall that quote, it always makes me think of Leona...

When I was in college, I dated Leona, she taught me to be very careful. While she dated me, she dated a couple other fellas, one was a married man, who was also a Navy recruiter. You see, she signed up for the Navy, she was very flirty and knew how to seduce. When the day came for her to "ship off" to basic, she was a no show. I suspect she got him in a peck of trouble, as I understand it, he fudged the paperwork for her, to get her out of joining, for fear she'd tell his wife. We were suppose to have a date the night before she shipped off, she was a no show. that was the last time I seen her.

The story goes...She left town and moved in with a female friend in the Big City. She started "seeing" a fellow who was living in the same apartment building...he was there with 5 other fellows from out of state, all were working on the same construction project. And...it turns out she was spending time with more than one of those 6 fellas...got pregnant...and split. One of those two fellas took it pretty hard, and commit suicide.

This was about the time her roommate called me, looking for her and wondered if I had seen her? She was also looking for her, for rent money.

Years later I heard she wound up marrying one of the other 6 fellas and had 2 more kids with him. I hope she grew up and stayed with him? It's been about 15 years since I last heard anything about her.
    Again, I learned to be very careful from her...maybe that's why I'm still a bachelor?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    winchester85, you just have to find the right one. The right one is the one who puts your happiness ahead of her own. Yeah, I know they're rare; like tryin' to find hen's teeth. But, they do exist. Mrs. smokeywolf is my third wife. If at first you don't succeed try try again.
    I was in my 40s when we got together; in my 60s now. Like Bloodman14, we don't fight. Have so much in common it's near impossible to find anything to fight about.

Also, just as she puts my happiness ahead of her own, I put her happiness ahead of mine.

Reason the good ones are hard to find is, women embracing today's morals and values are worthless. You've got to find an old fashioned girl. They're more precious than a chest full of diamonds and just about as rare as an honest politician.

Like SmokeyWolf, The 2nd time around i found a keeper and wouldn't trade for anything in the world. She puts me first as i do the same with her. """Old fashioned girls are the best""""(21 years and still going strong)
    Last edited by yancey; 10-16-2016 at 11:03 AM. Reason: add to

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Joe Clarke View Post
    Is this National Bad Day or something? You guys need to go back to bed and get some rest. It's gonna be all right.
    now that there is funny
    really all this pissing and moaning is ridiculous
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Grand Master

Met my wife in "60, and married in "62. She still meets my needs and then some, as I try to do for her. The glamour is replaced with maturity. The 54 years have given us unspoken loyalty and happiness.
    I really feel for those with bad experiences, but it's obvious that some of us married for the wrong reasons.
    Successful marriages are always built on mutual respect and a desire to make it a forever situation.
    There are plenty of good gals out there and some have been mistreated by men with loose morals and uncommitted relationships, same as the guys.
    When your making a lifetime decision, don't be in a hurry. Take it slow and give both of you time to really get to know the other. It is really true that haste makes waste.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Buddy
    we were a couple for a couple of years starting 8 years ago, after the couple part ended, we were best friends up until last spring. about august she gave me an ultimatum of passion and more sex or i couldnt come over and hang out as friends anymore. i did a lot of thinking about the 8 years and decided that i would give it a try. but within a week or so of me staying over and trying to provide everything she wanted, it was not enough. she would get started on conversations that no matter what i said, i was the bad guy. i suggested that she was already working on someone else, she immediately became silent. i knew what that meant.
    i could do no right, but nonetheless i tried to reach into myself and open up the doors i forced shut years ago. but, during that time she was already gone. the reality is that i knew it, but overall she had been quite good to me for all those years, and i convinced myself that what i suspected was not true.
    I live 500 yards from her, thursday night i was tired and decided to stop by and talk politics over a beer. but, there was a new guy's truck in the driveway unloading groceries with a beer in his hand. walking into the house like he owned the place. yesterday i was out on the county road walking out to go look at some deer, when they came riding by on atv's (she never rides her atv). she smiled and waved to me like i should be happy to see her out with her new friend.

i sent her an email this morning, wishing her the best, but not to contact me again.
    i should have known better, i feel like a fool.

Boolit Master
    The worst part is the laws in the West all are catered to females. Women file for over %70 of divorces. No Fault divorce is usually the law of the state, meaning there doesn't have to be a reason other than "I'm not happy." When was the last time you met a happy woman?

There are cases where DNA has proved the husband was not the father of a baby conceived in wedlock and the court has ruled the husband must pay child support, or in that case just accept the baby as his (assuming he stayed married to that woman). I know multiple men who were conned into adopting a child who was not theirs, only to be soon divorced and paying for that child until 18 or older (they are making you pay for college these days). It is "for the children", you see.

A man is viewed by the state as a worker beast.

Women view marriage as a business deal. It is only men who buy into the Hollywood love ideal. Women pretend to.

Women always marry up. Why would that be if it was all about love? You a resource to her.

So if you are a man living in the West, you need to be shrewd. Toughen up, cupcake. Figure it out ahead of time and don't be subject to emotions later. Do not leave yourself vulnerable. You will get at least half your stuff stolen every time you divorce.

I have noticed a funny thing. The married men I know well, will confide in a quiet moment that if anything happened to their wife they would never get married again. Married guys on internet forums, on the other hand, tend to be like the guys on internet forums who bought a Taurus and feel they must defend their position.

One more thing, Women's Court judges, oh I meant "Family Court", routinely throw out prenuptial agreements. It seems those aren't favorable to women or the system. So you may have to just go get a second job for the next twenty years to pay for all this. You just keep quiet and 'man up', worker bee.
    Rule 303

Boolit Bub
    32 years, same woman, lots of ups and downs, hurts and happiness too. If it was not for the Lord Jesus we would have killed each other! Now we are so much alike we see each other as friends and not fiends! Sorry for the problems but without Christ it is all a problem.
    Let Your mercy, O LORD, be upon us, Just as we hope in You.
    (Psa 33:22)
    “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” -John Adams

Boolit Buddy
    no worry about kids with this one, her daughter is a year older than me.

she was near the bottom in quality of sex, if it had been better there probably would not have been issues. i tried in august to explain all that. even though some women can be very sweet, they can be incredibly selfish at the same time.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by winchester85 View Post
    What have women taught me in my life?

Women have taught me that they cannot be trusted to be honest. They have taught me not to open up to them, despite how much they want that. They have taught me that they all cheat. They have taught me that no matter how much you think the next one is different than all the rest, not to forget that they are all the same. They have taught me that they will do everything in their power to drive you away, and then complain that you are not close enough to them. They will convince you to do all kinds of things for them and that no matter how much you do, that it will never be enough. They will complain that you never include them, but will always have a reason not to accept an invitation.

They have taught me that it is better to be alone forever, than to suffer their lessons!
    The internet is big, and somewhere at this very moment, a group of women are having exactly the same conversation. What wonder, when they constitute half of the two-legged being without wings that most of us will have dealings with?

There is a story about a compulsive gambler who lives in a small town, and plays in the same card-game every weekend. One day his friends come to him and say "Don't you know that card game is crooked? They are cheating you." He replies "I know, but what can I do? It's the only game in town?"

That could just as easily come into that other conversation I mentioned.

Women have taught me the majority of what I know in life. My Grandmother, mother, aunts, school teachers and sunday school teachers were my first teachers. It was later than men became my teachers.

There are good women and bad women, just as there are good and bad men. There are many ways in which men and women are different and failure to recognize the difference is the cause of much conflict in relationships.

Taken as a whole, I hold women in high regard. If the OP latched on to one or more bad women that gave him such a warped view of women, then that is on him. He had some bad decisions and picked bad women. That is not the fault of women in general, but the fault of a man who can't tell the difference between a good woman and a bad woman.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by winchester85 View Post
    What have women taught me in my life?

Women have taught me that they cannot be trusted to be honest. They have taught me not to open up to them, despite how much they want that. They have taught me that they all cheat. They have taught me that no matter how much you think the next one is different than all the rest, not to forget that they are all the same. They have taught me that they will do everything in their power to drive you away, and then complain that you are not close enough to them. They will convince you to do all kinds of things for them and that no matter how much you do, that it will never be enough. They will complain that you never include them, but will always have a reason not to accept an invitation.

They have taught me that it is better to be alone forever, than to suffer their lessons!
    If you think women are bad, let us know how it works when you try 'men'.
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Banned

I have a good woman, married forever and she hates Hillary with a passion I can't match. I am at the gun stage but she is at the nuclear stage. She is right, all around Hillary must go too.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast