RepackboxRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: fillers for fire forming

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by racepres View Post
    ^^^ Yeowch!!!
    I would never...ever, put anything but powder [not even daycron or pillow fluff] Nothing under a Bullet...A plug of Wax works excellent, instead of a Projectile!!!
    The problem is...the "filler" weighs something...some more than others, but something, and I am pretty sure Pillow filling compresses quite badly...Or my bitter half bought me a Cheap pillow!!!!!

BTW Had a Great Turkey Day!!!
    Looking forward to Christmas...And the After Midnight Mass Party!!!!!
    Same here. Nothing but a plug of sticky bullet lube for me. Pointed straight up with Bullseye and that sticky plug they fireform every time. I just save all the goobers from the lube sizers in a tuna can and melt to the thickness I want for the case I'm doing. Charge the case, hold it straight up and hold the tuna can in the left hand and poke the neck into the layer of lube. Works slick.

Perma-Banned A.K.A Castmast
    I've used COW, Grex and wax plugs. Everyone needs some measure of cleanup afterwards but could not tell the difference in results

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    Same here. Nothing but a plug of sticky bullet lube for me. Pointed straight up with Bullseye and that sticky plug they fireform every time. I just save all the goobers from the lube sizers in a tuna can and melt to the thickness I want for the case I'm doing. Charge the case, hold it straight up and hold the tuna can in the left hand and poke the neck into the layer of lube. Works slick.

Yep

Thinking of doing some 250 savage from 22-250, with just B.E., COW, and Wax plug...

Edit; Except the "straight up" part... I feed the fish in the pond!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234